By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Square Enix Premiere Conference Thread

hikaruchan said:

OMG FFXIII-2 LOGO is Badass

http://c0013614.cdn1.cloudfiles.rack...com/x2_4382fb5

Other person in the logo is rumored to be Rygdea, Cid Raines right hand man.

Around the Network
Shorty11857 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Shorty11857 said:

No release date for Versus? Damn, oh well hopefully XIII-2 is good

A game shown today gets a release date before a title shown 5-6 years ago. -__-

I can't believe how fast the turn around time for XIII-2 is, I expected Versus for this year and XIII-2 for next, but I guess that would make too much sense

There is probably alot of reused assets, a similar combat system. The core of the work will have already been done with the first game.

Rob-Ot said:

Anyone have a link to the live stream thats starting in half an hour?

Live Stream here
http://playstationinformer.wordpress.com/2011/01/16/final-fantasy-type-0-new-news-and-square-enix-1st-production-department-premiere-streaming/

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

The trailer for FFXIII-2 will be available on the official site from the 20th.

Siliconera.com play-by-play of the Versus trailer.

It opened with a scene of Prince Noctis that may have been in or resembled Japan on a freeway. The next scene showed Noctis and a beautiful blonde as described by 4gamer (I believe this may be Stella) talking about how they can see the "light." Then a man in a suit said, "I’m sorry to say you cannot become the king. The crown won’t be handed over to just anyone. I will be remembered in history as the final king."

The trailer then cut to gameplay footage where a fight took place between a character (Noctis?) wielding a sword and battling a swarm of soldiers. A gigantic behemoth showed and the fight continued. Many more common monsters came out. Later, there was a scene where a character (it isn’t clear if this is Noctis) boarded a tank and controlled it. A two legged robot was shown too.

Vehicular combat!

e: also trailer will be officially released to the public on the 27th

Around the Network
Cunning_Linguist said:
Shorty11857 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Shorty11857 said:

No release date for Versus? Damn, oh well hopefully XIII-2 is good

A game shown today gets a release date before a title shown 5-6 years ago. -__-

I can't believe how fast the turn around time for XIII-2 is, I expected Versus for this year and XIII-2 for next, but I guess that would make too much sense

There is probably alot of reused assets, a similar combat system. The core of the work will have already been done with the first game.

Not to mention enough content was cut from the game to be able to make a new game.

@hikaruchan

your stream isn't working.

The Xbox Man said:
TT Makaveli said:

i really dont understand why everybody are hoping for FF XIII 2...i mean cmon guys FF XIII wasnt that good...its not worth a sequel...they could do a FF XII-2 and it would be greater news than a FF XIII-2 release...i just hope for more FF Versus info/release date/status and been hoping for a KH HD Collection for the PS3...

Your opinion is not fact. I thought FFXIII was awesome, the world and setting they created was very interesting too, especially the analects which weren't explained fully. I absolutely want a sequel to see the lore expanded and the battle system coming back.

@VXIII

Thank you, that looks like a long read, I'll start reading now. I didn't know so much information was available on the game.

I don't know...If you find that world interesting I don't think  you've played many FF titles...

http://web.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/0/

New website up for Agito/Type 0

Your stream is working now hikaruchan haha