By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 flops in Japan

Yojimbo said:
Kasz216 said:
Kyros said:
lol this is great he made the stupid thread then opens up a new topic on digg with a link to vgchartz and relinks to digg from vgchartz? This is cool. This is how you make news.

BTW does anyone know how often GT5P has been downloaded? I heard that downloads are a significant portion of the Warhawk userbase.

Sony expected about 1/5th of what was bought in reatail. I'd go with that number.
Was Sony expecting 450k first week of GT5 Prologue, when GT4 Prologue were around 200k?

I mean for downloads. They expected 250K sales in stores and 50K in sales download wise. So keeping the ratio seems like the best option. So i'd take the amount that sold, and take a 5th of that to represent the amount downloaded in japan this week. It's the best data we have. (Not great... but best data.)

Around the Network

"it only says source VGcharts"

eh yes because this thread is the "source" of the digg "article" that has been submitted by the same braindead low-watt bulb that opened the thread here. A classic feed-back loop of stupidity.

Kasz216 said:
Yojimbo said:
Kasz216 said:
Kyros said:
lol this is great he made the stupid thread then opens up a new topic on digg with a link to vgchartz and relinks to digg from vgchartz? This is cool. This is how you make news.

BTW does anyone know how often GT5P has been downloaded? I heard that downloads are a significant portion of the Warhawk userbase.

Sony expected about 1/5th of what was bought in reatail. I'd go with that number.
Was Sony expecting 450k first week of GT5 Prologue, when GT4 Prologue were around 200k?

I mean for downloads. They expected 250K sales in stores and 50K in sales download wise. So keeping the ratio seems like the best option. So i'd take the amount that sold, and take a 5th of that to represent the amount downloaded in japan this week. It's the best data we have. (Not great... but best data.)
Ok I understand.

mrstickball said:
Actually, 90,000-ish unit sales is incredibly awesome for a preview-build of a game that's still months away, and only has maybe 1/10th of the cars, and items.

Whomever wrote the digg article fails massively.

hey stickball, maybe you should, ya know lock the thread. did that ever occur to you?

Kyros said:

The PSN downloads are probably almost on par with retail since the extras rumored to be only on the disc will be downloadable firmware instead.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Kyros said:

The PSN downloads are probably almost on par with retail since the extras rumored to be only on the disc will be downloadable firmware instead.

shame that we don't know that number:(

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Where does the info about GTP selling 90k come from? I don't see Japanese chart to be updated.

preliminary sales

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kamil said:
Where does the info about GTP selling 90k come from? I don't see Japanese chart to be updated.
The source, but it can be higher or lower. We will see the "real" numbers on wednesday.

Even then on wednesday, it'll not be the full 7 days, "merely" the first 5 days release of the game.