By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 outpaces x360 in GTA IV pre-orders on amazon.com

Well, i just was writting some post about attach rate and usa, about attach rate of AC and CoD4 in usa on PS3 and x360 and was going to predict, that there will be like 2 mln. GTA4 copies on x360 sold and about 1 mln. on PS3(just according to last multiplatform sales + some preorders). But i found interesting, that preorders for GTA4 changed on amazon.

Here like this was on July 09 - According to the online retailer’s site, the 360 version has accounted for 59 per cent of all GTA IV pre-orders, compared to a mere 41 per cent for the PlayStation 3 edition. http://www.360-gamer.com/news.asp?id=1209

And Now it is:

So, almost after half a year, it went on 26% more to PS3. Does it mean, that since July ps3 bought more gta lovers? or maybe this is some sign of things changing?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

oh no! You heartless bastard! How could you do that to an innocent baby seal?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I could see that happening on Amazon, but not in EB games or GAME stores.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

This game will be just one of the reasons PS3 will be the top selling CE of 2008. Warner will go Blu-ray exclusive around CES, making Blu-ray the winner of the format war. Then the game flood gates will open with GTA, Home, Killzone, MGS4, GT5, and countless others. When we hit GTA launch period I expect 349.99 PS3, and a 299.99 pro 360. With thouse prices + Blu-ray = DVD successor + Major PS3 exclusives + what PSN will have become = Sony returning to the top of the home console charts with only one system (because the PS2 + PS3 far outdoes the Wii worldwide at the moment).

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

cue Dolla Dolla. Also, comparing attach rates for one game is a futile attempt. The system with a smaller userbase is basically always going to win that one.

Around the Network

how many preorders do you think there are now? a million? a billion?

or just 10.000?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@kirby007:
among how many people surveys are usualy taken?
1 mln. 10 mln. ?
or just 1000-10000 ? =))

And that peorder have been more then for 1 year. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

same demograph don't you think?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

KBG29 said:
This game will be just one of the reasons PS3 will be the top selling CE of 2008. Warner will go Blu-ray exclusive around CES, making Blu-ray the winner of the format war. Then the game flood gates will open with GTA, Home, Killzone, MGS4, GT5, and countless others. When we hit GTA launch period I expect 349.99 PS3, and a 299.99 pro 360. With thouse prices + Blu-ray = DVD successor + Major PS3 exclusives + what PSN will have become = Sony returning to the top of the home console charts with only one system (because the PS2 + PS3 far outdoes the Wii worldwide at the moment).

So PS3 domination has been rescheduled for April 2008? Let me check my diary, make sure I'm available...

CrazzyMan said:
@kirby007:
among how many people surveys are usualy taken?
1 mln. 10 mln. ?
or just 1000-10000 ? =))

And that peorder have been more then for 1 year. =)

Small sample sizes can be very accurate if great care is taken in using a representative sample. Amazon is not a representative sample. This is why baby seals will die from your post.