By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Epic Mickey Sales Please Disney

bazmeistergen said:

Am I the only one that noticed the article says Wii sales have slumped? Did they even notice the last few weeks?

Thing is, it's such a common claim by the so called gaming journalists, we don't even notice that being out of place anymore.

Facts and research is an alien thing to them.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Boutros said:

But that's because you've only read what you wanted to read.

My main point was that they already have the engine for PS360.

They already have an engine that would work on Wii as well... two in fact... 

Sorry I was actually trying to help you discuss and debate better since you're pretty poor at making points and I was addressing that rather than actually debate your stance... since I really don't care where it lands and I honestly don't believe it's hitting anything current gen anyway, I play devils advocate when someone doesn't make strong points which happens with you a lot to be honest  

Not my fault if you have personal grudge against people maxwell. I'm not the first one with whom you have one. That says a lot.

I expect so much more from a mod.

LOL WUT?  How the hell is playing Devils advocate a personal grudge, you're silly man

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I'm really  happy with the game's sales, while KH3 and what console it will be on is up in the air, S-E isn't going to ignore the sales Epic Mickey is getting

MrT-Tar said:

I'm really  happy with the game's sales, while KH3 and what console it will be on is up in the air, S-E isn't going to ignore the sales Epic Mickey is getting

SE probably smacking themselves for not investing in the Wii sooner instead of giving it obscure spin-offs.

About that KH3 thing people are talking about.......................... it will go wherever DISNEY wants it to go.

That's it.

Around the Network

Yea, i belive Disney owns the rights to Kingdom Hearts right? It's using their characters to begin with.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Christian973 said:

Yea, i belive Disney owns the rights to Kingdom Hearts right? It's using their characters to begin with.

They Both owns the rights of the game. Square-enix cannot produce a KH game without Disney approval or the other way around.

Now who chooses the plataform of each game its a good question. I think it mainly depends on the resources availability at S-E. Right now they have at least 1 team free, the one in charge of the DS versions of the game (they just released Recoded). But the main team is busy finishing FFvs XIII and the secondary team (PPD5) is busy working on KH 3D. Can they handle the making of a new KH by themselves? will they start the preliminary work till one of the main teams finish its products? Will Disney push S-E to release a Wii game based on the franchise? Can S-E use something like a compilation for the Wii till they release resources to start the real development?.

flagstaad said:

Ok, let's review some things:

-They already have an engine for all the consoles.

-They can reuse the assets of the previous KHs on the Wii

-They need less time and money developing the game for the Wii

-Epic Mickey just prove that Third Parties big titles with a big Disney Mascot can sell a ton on the console

For me it makes perfect (financial) sense to create a KH for the console, maybe 3 maybe another non-nunbered game.

Pretty much this.  While I don't expect to see KH3 (the timelines just don't really support it as a Wii game), I'd be shocked if SE didn't release a Kingdom Hearts something on Wii.  Even if just ports of KH and KH2, or maybe a Re: 358/2 days remake, or something along those lines.

jarrod said:

I'd be shocked if SE didn't release a Kingdom Hearts something on Wii.

A relative of a friend of a friend of mine works at S-E said that they don't like money.

Galaki said:
jarrod said:

I'd be shocked if SE didn't release a Kingdom Hearts something on Wii.

A relative of a friend of a friend of mine works at S-E said that they don't like money.

After FFXIII/FFXIV, that seems pretty obvious. ;)