By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Film and LBP fans - can you spot them all?

Now I do like LBP and I do like films.  So a series of clever TV adverts involving both is win for me.

These are for UK and feature moments from films being shown in wonderful SAckboy style.   Can you spot the films?

Gotta' love the Dirty Dancing / Terminator references.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/01/14/dirty-dancing-in-three-seconds-starring-sackboy/

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Cool, these films are very famous though, i'm sure it will be an EU ad, i'm supprised its not a US ad, seeing as all of those films were Hollywood blockbusters, or at least very famous American movies.

is this actully airing on tv, or is it just a general internet thing?

A203D said:

Cool, these films are very famous though, i'm sure it will be an EU ad, i'm supprised its not a US ad, seeing as all of those films were Hollywood blockbusters, or at least very famous American movies.

The ads are on TV.  I believe Sony has sponsored a couple of film channels in UK for the entire year, so during films there will be Sony ads alongside a 'sponsored by' message.

Seems Sony have decided to increase their UK focus for marketing.  I've always (and I mean going back to PS2) found Sony to be very inconsistent with marketing in the UK, but this seems a more focused campaign.

Right now it's LBP ads, but later I think it'll be different games so probably Killzone 3 soon, etc.  With the LBP ads I believe they were made for the film in question being shown.  I haven't seen any myself but my wife spotted the Dirty Dancing one while watching - what else - Dirty Dancing.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
A203D said:

The ads are on TV.  I believe Sony has sponsored a couple of film channels in UK for the entire year, so during films there will be Sony ads alongside a 'sponsored by' message.

Seems Sony have decided to increase their UK focus for marketing.  I've always (and I mean going back to PS2) found Sony to be very inconsistent with marketing in the UK, but this seems a more focused campaign.

Right now it's LBP ads, but later I think it'll be different games so probably Killzone 3 soon, etc.  With the LBP ads I believe they were made for the film in question being shown.  I haven't seen any myself but my wife spotted the Dirty Dancing one while watching - what else - Dirty Dancing.

I've actually found that Sony started advertising PS3 heavily in the UK at the start of 2010, Holiday in particular, Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed II/Brotherhood "It only does everything" and obscene amount of Move adverts, I am not sure about mainland Europe but there is plenty of PS3 in UK.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Reasonable said:
A203D said:

I've actually found that Sony started advertising PS3 heavily in the UK at the start of 2010, Holiday in particular, Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed II/Brotherhood "It only does everything" and obscene amount of Move adverts, I am not sure about mainland Europe but there is plenty of PS3 in UK.

I didnt even see the God of War 3 ad, i did see Gran Turismo 5 now and again, but then that wasnt really a game that needed avertising because its been a huge franchise since the PS1 days. the ad campagain that really turned things around i think was the Uncharted 2 and slim one.

its good that Sony are advertising better, the LBP ads are really well done. i guess Killzone, Uncharted, Infamous will all be advertised. its a shame Sony dont have as much money as Microsoft or Nintendo to advertise, i wouldve liked to have seen a theatrical type campagain for The Last Guardian similar to the one Microsoft used for Halo Reach. only its possible TLG could fall into the cracks of not enough people knowing about it.

Around the Network
A203D said:
NotStan said:
Reasonable said:
A203D said:

I didnt even see the God of War 3 ad, i did see Gran Turismo 5 now and again, but then that wasnt really a game that needed avertising because its been a huge franchise since the PS1 days. the ad campagain that really turned things around i think was the Uncharted 2 and slim one.

its good that Sony are advertising better, the LBP ads are really well done. i guess Killzone, Uncharted, Infamous will all be advertised. its a shame Sony dont have as much money as Microsoft or Nintendo to advertise, i wouldve liked to have seen a theatrical type campagain for The Last Guardian similar to the one Microsoft used for Halo Reach. only its possible TLG could fall into the cracks of not enough people knowing about it.

I haven't seen any GoW3 ads, but have seen insane amount of GT5 ads, where the two guys sitting on the sofa and playing GT5 and there is a chopper flying and cars racing etc. Tbh first time I've seen it I thought it was an advert for NFS:Hot Pursuit lol!

But yeah I think KZ, Uncharted and Infamous will be heavily advertised, they didn't really advertise much prior to 2009 but it really started to roll in the last year.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.