By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Portal 2 to have PC & PS3 Co-op

ghost_of_fazz said:

That's why Valve is among my favorites companies in the industry. Also, the PS3 version could come with KB&M support... If the user still prefers dual-analog, it's their problem then.

Also, I don't know why cross-platform/PC online is not standard this generation. I mean, it was tested out since the Dreamcast era.

IMO its very hard to keep PC a controlled environment where its a level playing field. PC users with extra gear (like myself who has 3 monitors in surround mode for peripheral vision) have an unfair advantage in competitive play over console users and their 1 screen/30 fps.

Also, experienced mouse and Keyboard user will rape a controller user...lol

But for coop stuff like this, its kinda neat...even if I fail to see the point of it.

Around the Network

@disolitude  i should have been more clear, i meant that Valve went from crapping on PS3 to not only putting it of PS3 but to (for now) making it better than the 360 version. That is a 180

oniyide said:

@disolitude  i should have been more clear, i meant that Valve went from crapping on PS3 to not only putting it of PS3 but to (for now) making it better than the 360 version. That is a 180

Consoles have only been extra source of revenue for Valvem and were treated as such. They never cared much about consoles.

The reason Valve only ported their games to MS consoles was because it's very easy to port a PC game to Xbox & X360, unlike PS3 (much harder to port to). But I guess Valve didn't completely ruled out the PS3 and they're probably improving the Source Engine to support it, because nowadays it's not as hard to develop to.

The reason the PS3 version will be better than the X360 version is simply because Sony opened up the PS3 for Valve to allow Steam. It's quite simple really.

Nice. I'm not that interested in the game but overall, good news. This should have happened years ago.

Now I'm only thinking maybe they should add a filter for players who just want to play with the same platform. True, it's co-op but pad is still slower and I can see why some PC gamers might have a little problem with that...

@shio  I know all that and thats all good, but no one can deny the absolute bile they were spewing some time ago, if they didnt want to port stuff to PS3 b4 fine. thats no reason to talk crap

Around the Network

hope it can be pulled off well.

oniyide said:

Yeah thats completely true. Valve is a very strange company.

Reminds me of that freind you had who had these cool toys but would only let 1 best freinds pley with them...and he kept picking different "best" freinds every week.

PC users on Steam would never have any PS3 users on their friends list.

Tease.

oniyide said:

@shio  I know all that and thats all good, but no one can deny the absolute bile they were spewing some time ago, if they didnt want to port stuff to PS3 b4 fine. thats no reason to talk crap

They were telling the truth. if someone can't handle criticism, then that says a lot about him.

You think Newell didn't criticise Microsoft before?! He's done plenty of that too. I don't understand your reasoning.

disolitude said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

That's why Valve is among my favorites companies in the industry. Also, the PS3 version could come with KB&M support... If the user still prefers dual-analog, it's their problem then.

Also, I don't know why cross-platform/PC online is not standard this generation. I mean, it was tested out since the Dreamcast era.

IMO its very hard to keep PC a controlled environment where its a level playing field. PC users with extra gear (like myself who has 3 monitors in surround mode for peripheral vision) have an unfair advantage in competitive play over console users and their 1 screen/30 fps.

Also, experienced mouse and Keyboard user will rape a controller user...lol

But for coop stuff like this, its kinda neat...even if I fail to see the point of it.

Then again, nobody forced the user to choose a "lower level" equipment, like a console. They could always graduate to a PC, like everyone is doing from Wii to PS3/360 ;)

Also, a good artist never blames his tools lol

And I think the point of all this, is to increase the amount of online players to play with, I think. Also, for people (like me) that have a good PC and no PS3, but have friends that own a PS3 but not a good PC.