By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: PS3 Piracy Could Eclipse PSP

dsister said:

RafaelOrix said:

All people have renewable ips?  I have no idea lol

I have no idea either... My internet is still coming from a phoneline >___>

I'm just going by what I've heard 

They could also (I think this is very possible), simply block the hacked PS3, not allowing to connect to PSN. That would mean all PS3 would have an unique ID, with the numbers stored with Sony. Of course, if this does exist, it would be much better then banning the PSN account ou IP adress.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
dsister said:

RafaelOrix said:

im pretty sure unpluggin your router doesnt change your ip ive done that plenty of times and its the same.

It doesn't.

SOO..pirated games on  x360 and wii dont destroy the console's  software sales but with ps3 it wil?

Kind of surprised people still consider filesize such a problem. Download-wise maybe, if you're not on flatrate, though I seriously don't know many who still aren't. Size on disk wouldn't be a problem with PS3 disk possible at 500GB whereas PSP's card is what, max 16GB?

Pretty pointless article otherwise, as every other system has been hacked, and every other system has tried to push updates to stop it, and been hacked again (Xbox360 Slim is currently the only one still unhacked, I think). For almost all of them it's also possible to store the pirated copies on the hdd or memory card (apart from xbox360, in most cases).

They better try to employ a similar system to Live regarding console bans, because that's pretty much the best they can do indeed.

Wagram said:
Mad55 said:
dsister said:

RafaelOrix said:

im pretty sure unpluggin your router doesnt change your ip ive done that plenty of times and its the same.

It doesn't.

It actually does on your provider level...not on your router level. Wnless you are paying your provider extra for a static IP.

What sony wants to start banning is your Ps3s Mac address...

Around the Network
RafaelOrix said:

They could also (I think this is very possible), simply block the hacked PS3, not allowing to connect to PSN. That would mean all PS3 would have an unique ID, with the numbers stored with Sony. Of course, if this does exist, it would be much better then banning the PSN account ou IP adress.

That's a much better idea!

Mad55 said:

You're doing it wrong then :p http://whatismyipaddress.com/change-ip

You can also http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_reset_your_ip_address 

My point is is that it is easy enough to change your IP in most cases 

Back when I was using jdownloader it too had the ability to change my IP

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Ugh, this IP stuff depends on the provider. Mine changes pretty rarely. I've been on an ISP that changed it every time.

dsister said:
RafaelOrix said:

That's a much better idea!

Mad55 said:

You're doing it wrong then :p http://whatismyipaddress.com/change-ip

You can also http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_reset_your_ip_address 

My point is is that it is easy enough to change your IP in most cases 

when i unplug my router im not trying to reset my ip adress im just letting it cool down. the process from those links is a bit more than just unplugging as well. but yea i suppose its easy but what about the mac address.

Mad55 said:

when i unplug my router im not trying to reset my ip adress im just letting it cool down. the process from those links is a bit more than just unplugging as well. but yea i suppose its easy but what about the mac address.

I'm not sure about the MAC address but I'm sure there is some kind of work around for that if the hackers really worked at it 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

I'm so sad the PS3's been hacked. But you cant compare it to PSP because this generation is already 5 years old and the next gen is around the corner.