By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD Dec 2010 Thread (Nov 28-Jan 1, data at 6:30 PM ET)

so the difference between the HD consoles goes back to 4 million????

Around the Network

I posted this in another thread but I think this might help to explain MS's supply problems.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=116030&page=1

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:

I posted this in another thread but I think this might help to explain MS's supply problems.

No it doesn't, and it doesn't make any sense. You know that just by Dec NPD that consumer demand isn't drying up, so stop shoving this link down our throats in every sales related thread.

Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:

No it doesn't, and it doesn't make any sense. You know that just by Dec NPD that consumer demand isn't drying up, so stop shoving this link down our throats in every sales related thread.

Look at the article, it was posted back in September. And this is only the second thread I've posted it in. Consumer demand wasn't 'drying up' back in September, it just wasn't as high as MS originally projected back before the launch of the slim. And I would assume they adjusted their forecast for the holidays and quarter 1 as a consequence of that.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Sigh, those adjustment margins make me a disappointed bunny.

Oh well, only sales at the end of the day!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:

Look at the article, it was posted back in September. And this is only the second thread I've posted it in. Consumer demand wasn't 'drying up' back in September, it just wasn't as high as MS originally projected back before the launch of the slim. And I would assume they adjusted their forecast for the holidays and quarter 1 as a consequence of that.

Again, no, sales SINCE slim have been crazy, it's been having it's best ever months in the U.S and I imagin it isn't an isolated situation. They just had their best June, July, August, November and December NPD's ever, with September 07 (Halo3) beating this Sep and Oct being behind 08 Oct (price cut) so demand since slim has been massive. Also Q4 for MS is April/June. Not that it makes the article any more relevant.

So we had Epic Mickey lower worldwide than its United Statians sales alone according to NPD? WOWWWW

MANUELF said:

So we had Epic Mickey lower worldwide than its United Statians sales alone according to NPD? WOWWWW

Epic mickey probably has sold 2 million worldwide by now. VGChartz has it severly undertracked.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Uncharted 2 197.850 in December

3,765,702 in general

Wtf?

Carl2291 said:
psrock said:

what was Vgchartz number for GT5 this month? NPD has it at 560k..........

I assume it will be adjusted down by 100-150k

Looks like the 5.5 Million first shipment hasn't sold out yet... And wont do for quite some time.

Isn't that 695k for North America, not just USA?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!