By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Castlevania - First Backup Working From 3.55 Geohot CFW - PS3 Piracy starts

Castlevania - First Backup Working From 3.55 Geohot CFW - PS3 Piracy starts

But the hackers said they... 55 23.21%

What? how did this happen so fast? :S 10 4.22%

I'm tired of all these PS3 hackers news 37 15.61%

The PS3 is d0med! 19 8.02%

I'm a pirate and I'm go... 61 25.74%

View Poll Results 55 23.21%

Total:237
voty2000 said:
disolitude said:

Resistance is futile...

@Bolded, Resistance was actually a decent game and will be pirated as well, but I don't think that's what you were going for.

I tried to say that the PS3 was gonna be hacked since the original hack but few believed.  I just never expected it to be hacked to such an extreme.

haha...nice catch about Resistance. Yeah I liked it too :)

Around the Network

now to find my 50gb usbstick....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Doobie_wop said:
disolitude said:

lol, look at everyone getting excited.

GT5 was cracked on 3.5 few weeks back and im sure is next in line. Resistance is futile...

Your just happy they pirated Lords of Shadow. Your hatred of the game has become legendary and your just soaking up the Konami tears. I also doubt they'd pirate Resistance, that'd be just silly.

If I was 13 years old maybe I'd be happy that Lords of Shadow is the first to go, but im not a kid.

I could have downloaded any PS3 game and played it on my PS3 months ago. This is really nothing new, just a new hack.

PS3 hack timeline:

- USB dongle gets released which hacks ps3 and lets you install backups on 3.41

- Sony does 3.42 manditory update which blocks the dongle from working and makes all new games require 3.42 starting with Medal of Honor

- Hackers figure out how to insert a 3.41 eboot in to a 3.42 game and make any game playable on 3.41

- Sony makes 3.5 firmware, delays GT5 for it (apparently) to make it more secure

- hackers do a dongle which downgrades your PS3 to whatever firmware you want

- Sony makes 3.55, which Im guessing is blocking downgrades (not sure about that)

- PS3 gets hack raped by Overflow geeks and Gehots and master key is released, and now were seeing first game get hacked in this manner

Sony's move is next...

Come on people, this is a fun battle!

Doobie_wop said:
disolitude said:

lol, look at everyone getting excited.

GT5 was cracked on 3.5 few weeks back and im sure is next in line. Resistance is futile...

Your just happy they pirated Lords of Shadow. Your hatred of the game has become legendary and your just soaking up the Konami tears. I also doubt they'd pirate Resistance, that'd be just silly.

Every game released will be pirated.  You can already download every game, there is simply no use for them.  All that has to happen now is the game must be patched is some way, which takes a few seconds once they have a program built for it.  Look at all consoles, every game is available to pirate, it's just a matter of time.

lol i knew it was possible on the geohot firmware, also i knew hackers would sink this low quite quickly

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
jneul said:

lol i knew it was possible on the geohot firmware, also i knew hackers would sink this low quite quickly

did you know that a human head weighs 8 ounces?

Teh, atleast pirated PS3 games will be exclusive to PS3 only. Pirated Wii games on the other hand can be played not only on the Wii but also on computers and soon PS3 and 360 as well. Now THAT's messy.

forest-spirit said:

Pirated Wii games on the other hand can be played not only on the Wii but also on computers and soon PS3 and 360 as well. Now THAT's messy.

Not jsut played on a PC... but played in HD and mapped to a 360 pad or any other controller of your choice.

forest-spirit said:

Teh, atleast pirated PS3 games will be exclusive to PS3 only. Pirated Wii games on the other hand can be played not only on the Wii but also on computers and soon PS3 and 360 as well. Now THAT's messy.

just to cheer up people there is a hacker working an a wii emulator that will have move support

to the poster I KNOW YOUR SOURCES

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:
forest-spirit said:

just to cheer up people there is a hacker working an a wii emulator that will have move support

to the poster I KNOW YOUR SOURCES

So Wii pirating is ok?! And the PSWii project has been going on for over a month already.

@disolitude

I would try it out myself if I had a modern computer. Hopefully Wii 2 will have BC so I can see my Wii games again in all their HD glory.