By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Castlevania - First Backup Working From 3.55 Geohot CFW - PS3 Piracy starts

Castlevania - First Backup Working From 3.55 Geohot CFW - PS3 Piracy starts

But the hackers said they... 55 23.21%

What? how did this happen so fast? :S 10 4.22%

I'm tired of all these PS3 hackers news 37 15.61%

The PS3 is d0med! 19 8.02%

I'm a pirate and I'm go... 61 25.74%

View Poll Results 55 23.21%

Total:237

First of all, I will not post the source because it tells you how to do it and doing that is forbidden. I will also delete all the steps on how to do it and videos. Lol, Castlevania had pretty low sales and the first thing the pirates do is... pirate it xD.

Today (DELETED LINK) has shared the first Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (BLES01047) signed and packed EBOOT that works with the recently released GeoHot 3.55 PS3 Custom Firmware followed by 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Download: DELETED LINK

To quote from DELETED SITE NAME: He has managed to run Castlevania: Lords of Shadow from his internal hard drive, while on Geohot's 3.55 Custom Firmware. He achieved this by patching the game's main executable file (EBOOT.BIN) and making the PS3 think it's a PSN game.

Originally Posted by DELETED NAME
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (BLES01047) signed&packed EBOOT (33.5MB)

1) DELETED STEP
2) DELETED STEP

Thats all! Tested! The game will work from XMB on retail nonJB 3.41, 3.55 and future versions.

OK, here's the guide to patch your own games:

1) DELETED STEP
2) DELETED STEP
3) DELETED STEP
4) DELETED STEP
5) DELETED STEP
6) DELETED STEP

That's it. If you can't follow this guide, a more detailed guide won't help you.

This also works from 3.41, with no jailbreak dongle, video below (courtesy of DELETED NAME):

DELETED VIDEO

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Around the Network

Seems like we need a DELETED THREAD

They had hundreds of games to choose from and they chose to pirate  one of the few games that recently released and could have used a few extra sales. Good job pirates, now try and make PS2 compatibility on my 60 gig PS3 region free and I may forgive your pirating ways.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Well screw them for pirating one of my favourite games that didn't even sell too well.

Wow...this is a fucking disgrace. Especially since its a great game that has been fucked up the ass....why couldn't they have pirated Tony Hawk Ride or something ? 

Around the Network

Tbh, i think the sales of Castlevania have been good. its on track to become the best selling in its series. and i loved it so, i wont be needing this, nor would i use it anyway. but i dont think this will hurt sales of games too badly because here in the west, people will still buy games i think.

Doobie_wop said:

They had hundreds of games to choose from and they chose to pirate  one of the few games that recently released and could have used a few extra sales. Good job pirates, now try and make PS2 compatibility on my 60 gig PS3 region free and I may forgive your pirating ways.

That's pretty much the only reason I'd want to jailbreak my PS3. Not particularly interested in pirating console games honestly...

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

lol, look at everyone getting excited.

GT5 was cracked on 3.5 few weeks back and im sure is next in line. Resistance is futile...

disolitude said:

GT5 was cracked on 3.5 few weeks back and im sure is next in line. Resistance is futile...

@Bolded, Resistance was actually a decent game and will be pirated as well, but I don't think that's what you were going for.

I tried to say that the PS3 was gonna be hacked since the original hack but few believed.  I just never expected it to be hacked to such an extreme.

disolitude said:

Your just happy they pirated Lords of Shadow. Your hatred of the game has become legendary and your just soaking up the Konami tears. I also doubt they'd pirate Resistance, that'd be just silly.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752