By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your best video game single-player experience?

Final Fantasy VIII

Around the Network

I agree with pretty much everything that was mentioned above. One thing that I would like to note is that it is amazing how under appreciated the N64 was considering it has at least 5 games that come to mind that rank as some of the greatest games of all time and it didn't have anything even close on the competition during its generation. (mario 64, goldeneye, Ocarina, Banjo, Perfect Dark) 

If I limit it to this generation. The first year I had the 360 Gears of war 1 blew me away to where I couldn't put it down for months. The story was adequate, but the game play and level design was in a world of its own. Then the following year the first Bioshock game came out. The imagination and the originality of the storyline makes it one of the best games of all time. The first Assassins Creed game would also make my list. Its too bad the sequels of all three of those games were pretty much just lesser efforts clones of the originals that didn't add much of anything new.

Metal Gear Solid 3.  Incredible boss fight after incredible boss fight with a very tense and exciting story--and then Volgin tortures Snake so hard he pisses himself.  Immediately following that was somewhere around three of the most perfect hours of video gaming that I have ever experienced which elevated the whole game to another level.

After the end credits rolled, all I could do was sit there in awe for a moment.  Then I turned off the PS3, confident that I would never experience such gaming bliss (have I ever used the word "bliss" before?  Hmmm......) ever again.

^^The best trailer the world has ever seen.

Wow kinda surprised to see Final Fantasy VIII already getting a vote,  but thats where my vote goes too.   

If I were to limit it to this gen only it would be Heavy Rain.

Uncharted 2,easily.With God of War 3 as a runner-up.

Around the Network

FFIX, was my final fantasy, but this gen is tougher, probably mass effect 1 or 2...

Kinda interested in FEAR now i have read up on that, so that might still claim it for me

Potential Storyline winner was singularity :-/

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Hmm...

'Tis probably a three-way tie between Metroid Prime, Shadow of the Colossus, and Super Metroid.

Tales of symphonia, xenosaga and shadow of the colossus (even though the latter isnt even in my top 10). Symphonia is the only time i have ever commited a thievery...sorry hollywood video. lol they sent me a sad face saying they wanted their game back lol yea the hell right.

twesterm said:

Well, FFVI is the obvious crown but I'll limit it to this generation only.

For this generation, I'm going to say Fable II for having the greatest ending of all time.

see that ending upset me, it took me bloody ages to choose and when i finally did they brought an expansion to it that would make me change my original decision :(

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Xenogears