By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - *When Do You Want To See Next Gen Systems?*

Never. Seriously this gen is simply amazing. Games have never been better imo.

Around the Network

Wii 2 announce: E3 2012 - release: November 2013

Xbox 3 announce: E3 2012 - release: August 2013

PS4 announce: E3 2012 - release: September 2013

E3 2012 is going to be one of the best.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

HandHelds

Nintendo: 3DS  Announced: June 2010  Released: March 2011

Sony: PSP 2  Announced: E3 2011  Released: November 2011

Home Systems

Microsoft: XBox 3  Announced: E3 2012  Released: April 2013

Nintendo: Wii 2  Announced: E3 2012 Released: November 2012

Sony: PS4  Announced: E3 2012  Released: September 2013

I don't want any new consoles to be announced until 2015 or later

Around the Network

Hopefully not till at least Fall/Winter 2012. 

I just bought the new slim 360 in October and spent $750 on gaming in total since October. I want to get my moneys worth out of it before new shit comes out.

There's no way I'm buying a console at launch next gen anyways though. I did with the PS3 this gen and regretted it. I'll probably wait till the first round of price drops if I can.

yo_john117 said:

I don't want any new consoles to be announced until 2015 or later

That actually sounds just about right to me too. I would rather not have to buy a new console for a couple of years as I will be broke for a couple of years. Hopefully after that I will have extra cash to burn and want to buy some cool new toys

I don't count hand-helds or even hold them on the same breath with consoles, so I won't discuss them because frankly I don't care for them unless they have a long distance plan with free texting.

Here is my want for the next generation start date:

Nintendo Mii - Announced E3 2011. Released mid-2012 or holidays 2012.

Microsoft NextBox - Announced holidays 2011. Released holidays 2012 or early to mid-2013.

Sony PlayStation 4 - Announced early 2012. Released holidays 2013 or early to mid-2014.

I honestly believe with the Wii's year-over-year console sales dropping since 2008, Nintendo ain't going to let Sony shine by letting this generation last until 2014 or 2016. Not to say Nintendo does not care about Microsoft, but I think the domestic competition between Sony and Nintendo has made them the fiercest of rivals.

Microsoft with the Kinect is already transitioning into the next generation. I give the Kinect another year to year and a half before the news of the next Xbox console breaks. Microsoft ain't going to pull the plug on the 360 before Nintendo ends this generation.

Lastly, and rightfully so (sorry couldn't resist a cheap shot), Sony will wait it out. I am in the camp that 2011 will be one of the best IF not the best year for the PS3 due to the awesome 2011 PS3 lineup of software. Furthermore, Sony has stated that the PS3 is on a 10 year life span, which if we take literally would mean the PS4 would be released in 2016.

As we all know, consoles released more than 18 months after (Nintendo 64 released in 1996; Sony PlayStation released in 1994) and/or at a considerably higher rate than the competition (PS3's laughably absurd $600 entry point price) are guaranteed failure in the race for the generation's #1 console. Knowing this, Sony will have to cut short their "plan" by 2 years or more just to make sure they have a market to come into once the Mii and NextBox have been on the market for a year or more.

asap, the sooner the better baby

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Mobile

-PSP Phone - ASAP
-PSP Phone for PSP2 Games - End of contract on first PSP Phone.

-PSP2 - Won't buy, don't care.
-3DS - Won't buy, don't care.
-MS HH- Won't buy, don't care.

Home 

PS4 - 2014 @ the Earliest
MS3 - ASAP
N6 - ASAP

Comment- I hate multiple Platforms. Games should be the competition, not the hardware.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL