By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Hus said:
they better get GTA4 right or they are dead.

I agree with you on that one Hus, if GTA4 bombs they are done. (but it shouldn't bomb) I have heard some people are upset about the way the main person looks, he's Russian or something right?

Around the Network

He's from EAST Europe... So that is Jugoslavia (or something)

THE NETHERLANDS

Isn't that like the final straw? Who's left looking down on the Wii? That ranting designer from Spore?

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

reverie said:
Isn't that like the final straw? Who's left looking down on the Wii? That ranting designer from Spore?

Well I have already said that he is intressted in doing a Wii version also, and no sorry I can't give you a ling. A Swedish game magasin I think I read it in...

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

@robjoh

Wii version of Spore? I thought they said the Wii can't do smart AI.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Around the Network
reverie said:
@robjoh
Wii version of Spore? I thought they said the Wii can't do smart AI.

Well if I remeber it right, he more or less said that he wanted it on all consols. I don't know if it will come true, it was just a quick intervju. So don't shot me if it doesn't happen, I just wanted to point out that the guy behind Spore, the same guy that was behind Sims, didn't say anything evil about Wii.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Cobretti said:

and not to mention nintendo alienated 3rd party developers on the n64 days. So offcourse it was gonna take effort to get them back. In a way i'm glad 3rd party developers left nintendo. It made nintendo realise that they NEED them to survive in the hardware industry. Sure nintendo make awesome games but people need variety.

Also, it taught Nintendo the value of treating developers with respect. I'm guessing this is a big reason Iwata was named Yamaguchi's successor, since he knew how to do that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

They released Smuggler's Run early on in the Gamecube's life. After selling 25,000 units in 6 months, they put an end to that silliness. Manhunt's as good as it'll get unless they can prove the system is viable for their games, and they may consider it as a test. Fantastic 4 is the more likely type of game we will see from Take 2 on Wii, and perhaps some sports games.

Shane said:
They released Smuggler's Run early on in the Gamecube's life. After selling 25,000 units in 6 months, they put an end to that silliness. Manhunt's as good as it'll get unless they can prove the system is viable for their games, and they may consider it as a test. Fantastic 4 is the more likely type of game we will see from Take 2 on Wii, and perhaps some sports games.

Well, honestly Take Two botched the handling Smuggler's Run ...

When Smuggler's run was released I went to Walmart, Zellers, Futureshop and EBgames looking for a copy of the game and absolutely none of the stores had the game or had any intention of carying the game; after that I decided to check out Rodgers Video and Blockbuster to see if they had a copy to rent and neither one had a copy. As far as I can tell Take Two never marketed the game or put any presure on retailers to cary the game so no one could buy it; I eventually got a used copy off of EBgames.com about 12 months later, since then I have lent it out to most of my friends who wanted to buy the game when it was released but could never find it.

well, hope GTA4 doesn't suck.  maybe i'll get a 360 or ps3 if it's really good.

i was a fan of heroes of might and magic (HMM), and i think the company that was making it was in financial distress when HMM 4 came out, and... well, let's just say HMM 4 had a lot more potential.  

well, when a company is in financial distress, somehow, quality suffers.  my 2 cents...

the Wii is an epidemic.