By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Fable 3 PC playable at Microsoft's CES booth; release date still in darkness

Joystiq

We knew in August that Fable 3 wouldn't hit Windows PCs day-and-date with the Xbox version last October, but Microsoft told us to "expect news soon." Well, we suppose everyone has a different definition of "soon" since Fable 3 on PC is here at CES with an expected release date of ... well, they're still not saying. But if you'd become convinced that the latest installment in Lionhead's Fable franchise would never make it off the Xbox 360, much like the excellent Fable 2, then we suppose you'll find the above photo comforting. In our short hands-on time with the title, we didn't spot any notable distinctions from the Xbox 360 version. In short, it's Fable 3, warts and all.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/06/fable-3-pc-playable-at-microsofts-ces-booth-release-date-still/

Around the Network

"then we suppose you'll find the above photo comforting. In our short hands-on time with the title, we didn't spot any notable distinctions from the Xbox 360 version."

well, I obviously didn't expect it to be worse!

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

I may play this ...

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

salaminizer said:

"then we suppose you'll find the above photo comforting. In our short hands-on time with the title, we didn't spot any notable distinctions from the Xbox 360 version."

Most would be expecting better as it is on the PC not Xbox360

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

salaminizer said:

Must be a really shitty port then if they haven't found any diffrences :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Hmm, in a year that'll see The Witcher 2, Dragon Age 2, TES V, Guild Wars 2, Two Worlds 2, possibly Diablo 3, Dungeon Siege 3, Darkensang: River of Time, and Torchlight 2 in rpgs alone and God knows what else besides, I somehow doubt I'll be picking up an unenhanced port of an underwhelming 360 game.

Foamer said:

Hmm, in a year that'll see The Witcher 2, Dragon Age 2, TES V, Guild Wars 2, Two Worlds 2, possibly Diablo 3, Dungeon Siege 3, Darkensang: River of Time, and Torchlight 2 in rpgs alone and God knows what else besides, I somehow doubt I'll be picking up an unenhanced port of an underwhelming 360 game.

Provided it won't be eventually canceled anyway (*coughcoughalanwakecough*).

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Heh, quite.

Mise said:
Foamer said:

Provided it won't be eventually canceled anyway (*coughcoughalanwakecough*).

Considering i still think 5 euro i payed for Fable 1 was 4.99 too much i don't really care about it ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB