By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie Talks: January event and future Wii titles

I don't think the lineup will be as great as Reggie is hyping, but there should be some nice releases yet to be announced. Aside from Zelda, there will likely be Pikmin 3, possibly a new NSMB, and (hopefully) localizations of Zangeki, Tales of Graces, and Last Story. I think a new F-Zero and Star Fox is overdue as well. Maybe that new Poekmon game that has been rumored as well. And lets not forget the Vitality Sensor and its premiere game.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
TWRoO said:

*evil looks*

I live in hope of F-Zero Wii:

30 player online, track editor, return of the Death Race and a load of new tracks.

Not going to happen as the Wiimote/Nunchuk don't allow for an optimal button mapping. The game could work, but it would feel a little strange to play. And yes, I know that the Wii supports other controllers too, but every game also has to work with the standard setup which is the only thing that the majority of Wii owners have.

3DS on the other hand, now that thing is well suited for a new F-Zero game and it could offer everything you desire.

Though I can't be bothered to go find it, I have detailed a controller map for the Wiimote nunchuck before.... The drift feature being relatively minor until people get experienced with the game can be assigned to tilting the nunchuck or wii remote (the nunchucks relative unresponsiveness is mostly about speed movements, it is unresponsive compared to the Wii remote, but not insensitive). That still leaves 4 buttons easily accessible for accelleration, boost, air brake and an attack button. any other features like changing the view can be assigned to the d-pad and other Wii remote face buttons.

I believe you were sceptical about moving the drift to a feature like that when I mentioned it last, possibly because you still want to do things like drifting between the sides of the track all the time like in F-Zero X, (not sure if the game designers meant for that to be possible though, like snaking in Mario Kart) however, it would work for me.

Unfortunately I anything I am hoping for will happen.... particularly 30 player online, if there was an F-Zero I would think online will be limited.