By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Avatar Kinect, Netflix and Hulu Plus- Thoughts?

kinect avatar chat looks pretty cool, hulu and netflix id rather push a button to watch a film

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

If d21lewis from 1985 had a glimpse of what was going on in 2011, he'd shit his pants (and maybe he did shit our pants....).  Technology is advancing at an alarming rate.  I may have to get my ass off of the fence and pick up Kinect.  It's sorta like supercharging your 360 if all of these hype threads are to be believed.  I guess we can all assume that the next next update will feature jetpacks?

thranx said:

I could not believe they shipped kinect without netflix control. I am glad they are anouncing its coming as it was the main reason i got kinect. May have to get hulu plus now too. Good news all around

It was pretty clear MS had the choice of launching Kinect early 2011 with all this stuff in place - and miss holiday 2010 - or release with the interface elements unfinished (in fact I remember seeing a comment from MS on this very point - can't remember exactly where though).

Easy choice and looking to be the right one.  No doubt further additions will continue to emerge during 2011.

Launching something like Kinect after a holiday sales spike just wouldn't have made sense.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

@skeeuk for hulu and netflix it's not to play them we are talking about... it's to navigate..... netflix (i don't know about hulu) is a pain in the ass to navigate compare to zune mktplace with kinect....especially with my queue over 300 movies....

and then fast forward rewind is also way better than with the pad... I mess it up half less often with kinect.. double tapping too fast or rewinding too fast.....

if they put kinect support to netflix and it is like zune or better and the pad control doesn't change from now... it will be better with kinect or at least more polished and accurate to control....

I might get Hulu Plus when it comes out on the 360....and KINECT sometime this spring.