By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - First Torchlight Xbox 360 screenshots

is this a full retail game?

Around the Network

Precursor to Diablo???  Hmmmmmm....

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

yo_john117 said:
MAFKKA said:

Are they removing the top camera angle?

I bought this for 2.99 i think, over steam.

Was it any good?

Well.. its kind of simple in the "RPG" side of things. It got nice artwork, good action and good enough length, but can become a bit reptetitive. Stylish animations and good overall fun. Not sure if its a $15 game though. Its kind of a less fun, and/or poor version of that Thongs of Virtue game thats on XBL/PSN.

Bitmap Frogs said:
DirtyP2002 said:

looks cool for a XBLA title. I am not into hack n slash though. Might try the demo afterall.

I played this long ago.

Tell you that, it's a fun little game. Not much of a grand story or anything, but it's a great hack'n'slash loot-driven game. For as little as it sells these days, it's well worth it.

Well, it's been out for about a year and a half. And I found some figures from May 2010 when it sold over 500,000 copies:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/18/torchlight-sales-surpass-500-000-units/

Not bad for a DRM free title.

Crap, I thought this was a non-live game......Stii waiting for a new game announcement ms :-|

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
DirtyP2002 said:

looks cool for a XBLA title. I am not into hack n slash though. Might try the demo afterall.

I played this long ago.

Tell you that, it's a fun little game. Not much of a grand story or anything, but it's a great hack'n'slash loot-driven game. For as little as it sells these days, it's well worth it.

Well, it's been out for about a year and a half. And I found some figures from May 2010 when it sold over 500,000 copies:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/18/torchlight-sales-surpass-500-000-units/

Not bad for a DRM free title.

Well, the team behind it got a looot of goodwill and great word of mouth due to their involvement with Mythos (a game that sadly never left beta stage) so pretty much there was a good chunk of people waiting to play whatever Runic released.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Played this a long time ago, but I'd say it's quite enjoyable. However, I'd prefer it being $10.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Kennyheart said:

is this a full retail game?

XBLA.

How do the controls work on the 360 version? Do you have a cursor that you move with the thumb stick or do you move the character directly?