By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 46" SONY Bravia Glasses-less 3DTV at CES

If it really retains the 3D effect even when viewing from different angles then I'm looking forward to this.

But the price will probably be incredibly high...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

Don't get too excited, any 3d set that doesn't shutter has at least half the horizontal resolution, so for a normal 1080 set it would be normally 1920x1080, for a non-shuttered set where both images are on the set at the same time, it would be 960x1080. I'll check it out in a few years when it becomes available, but for now i'm enjoying my Panasonic VT20, in 3d and with great 2d.

and so, the 3ds will unintentional sell sony tvs. So much for disrupting the market.

all those disruption fanatics, I told you. There is no shield! No disruption if no shield. period.

sweet, i thought these would be further off than a year or two from now. with how little content there is right now anyways i think i can wait for this but i'll be an early adapter on this one i think.  $3000 isn't much to me anyways.

I want to see the price first.

Around the Network

Looks cool and expensive. 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

I expect sales of glasses-less 3D TVs to disappoint for the foreseeable future ...

HDTVs took off because low cost (under $1000) flat panel TVs allowed people to buy much larger TVs than they ever had before; and when these TVs became available at a reasonable price they were all HDTVs. Even with 3DTVs now no longer requiring glasses, most people would rather buy a 60 inch TV and have $1000 to $2000 in their pocket than to own a 40 inch 3DTV.

I still think 3D is overrated, but this news makes it a little more worth it.

I'll wait for Samsungs model.

I don't trust anyone who said glassless 3D isn't as good a Glass 3D (aka when they bagged out 3DS).

raygun said:

Don't get too excited, any 3d set that doesn't shutter has at least half the horizontal resolution, so for a normal 1080 set it would be normally 1920x1080, for a non-shuttered set where both images are on the set at the same time, it would be 960x1080. I'll check it out in a few years when it becomes available, but for now i'm enjoying my Panasonic VT20, in 3d and with great 2d.

I read that the set works at 2k res (3996 x 2160), so that each viewer sees it in 720p, indicating that the set has 3 viewing corridors.