By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales data for 2010...DS > PSP in the end

Immortal said:
kitler53 said:

even though nintendo edged sony on both the handheld and console side of things the numbers are still epically close.  xD

Yeah, considering PS3's and DS's massive leads before the holidays, it's really impressive how much of a lead Wii managed and how close PSP managed to get (MC may even have it on top!).

for ps3 vs. wii did you mean weekly sales lead or YTD sales lead?  I don't remember the ps3 ever overtaking the wii in YTD like the psp did to the ds for a while there.

Around the Network

Nice, PS3 at 6m already. I wonder how far it will go.

kitler53 said:
Immortal said:
kitler53 said:

even though nintendo edged sony on both the handheld and console side of things the numbers are still epically close.  xD

Yeah, considering PS3's and DS's massive leads before the holidays, it's really impressive how much of a lead Wii managed and how close PSP managed to get (MC may even have it on top!).

for ps3 vs. wii did you mean weekly sales lead or YTD sales lead?  I don't remember the ps3 ever overtaking the wii in YTD like the psp did to the ds for a while there.

It did, and by a pretty significant margin, too, I believe.

EDIT - The largest lead PS3 had during the year --

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 03rd Jan 2010 to 06th Nov 2010:

Console Wii PS3
Japan

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Zlejedi said:

Pity PSP deserved to get that last final win.

Well it could still get a win via Media Create. Then everybody will have won

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

kitler53 said:
Immortal said:
kitler53 said:

PS3 did take the ytd lead before holidays. It was just so small that when the holiday effect kicked in Wii took it back quickly.

Around the Network
Immortal said:
kitler53 said:
Immortal said:
kitler53 said:

It did, and by a pretty significant margin, too, I believe.

I just took a stab in the dark and got...

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 03rd Jan 2010 to 25th Sep 2010:

Console Wii PS3
Japan

why am i surprised by this??

kitler53 said:

I just took a stab in the dark and got...

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 03rd Jan 2010 to 25th Sep 2010:
Console Wii PS3
Japan

why am i surprised by this??

See my edit, ;).

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

fwap said:

Nice to see Super Mario Galaxy 2 over 900k already.

This was posted on NeoGaf, but it's so sexy I just had to post it here.

Them's some nice legs.

Galaxy 1 is just 5k from crossing 1 million right now. I reckon both Galaxys should become million sellers in Japan by the end of 2011.

LOL,when you think about it,the PS3 would actually have had a chance at outselling the Wii for the year,if it wasn't for the 360 in Japan.

Epic.

Software is Nintendomination plus Monster Hunter.

Odd that Wii dominated the software charts over PS3 but barely beat it in hardware. Guess a lot of Japanese people are buying PS3s for the Blu Ray.