By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft is working on their popularity in Japan.

First they try it with some advertisements with sexy Japanese girls in underwear, then they ask the asians/Japanese WHY DON't YOU WANT OUR SYSTEM AND A STUPID SITE and now they try it with this kiddy things?

What's next?

Around the Network

Anything will help in Japan... This is not only about this generation. It is about the long term as well... Marketing experiments like this will help them in the long haul.

Microsoft is relatively new to home electronics still. They are learning as they go, and things like this are the results. Hopefully it will keep sales moving forward and consistent.

Some of those advertising stands and such hurt my eyes. There is way too much going on.

Currently Playing:

Xbox 360 - Rock Band, NHL 08, Skate, Halo 3, Mass Effect

Wii - Mario Galaxy

The 6th photo looks so wrong lol.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

In vain, sadly...

Around the Network

That is truly pathetic... and will do no good.

Yeah, they're working on it's popularity - it's just not very successful.

I know a good way for the Xbox to be more popular.

Just have Microsoft buy some naming rights and rename the Xbox 360 to the "Sega Saturn 360".

Break Segata Sanshiro outta retirement and within 2 months they'll have passed the PS3 and soon people will replace the stupid Chuck Norris jokes with stupid Segata Shanshiro jokes. Except instead of slow motion kicks it's judo throws.

it looks like there trying to get some casuals from japan

I could be wrong but in my opinion Microsofts systems will never do that well in Japan because they are not a Japanese based company. I do like the idea of them calling it Sega whatever.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger