By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP Master Keys found in the PS3

Mathieulh Has Found The PSP Master Keys In PS3!

Wow, this just get better not event to the PS3 scene but also PSP scene! In EFnet IRC #ps3dev chat room, Mathieulh has revealed an info that could break the heart of all Sony PSP department staff members.

< @Mathieulh> got the kirk engine keys
< @Mathieulh> thx sony xD
< +rck`d> psp crypto
< @Mathieulh> well it’s in ps3 but it’s psp keys
< @Mathieulh> I can encrypt/sign any psp apps now

< @Mathieulh> lol
< @Mathieulh> yah
< @Mathieulh> has drm keyz too
< @dwrfcrank> Davee: Hey I told you it’s a isolated SPU module >:O
< @Mathieulh> so you can make your own psn store clone
< @Mathieulh> on psp

http://dukio.com/mathieulh-psp-master-keys-ps3.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auch...... someone didn't just lose a key to his house but also the one for his car..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I would consider all this, but I like my PSN account and its vital to logging into Netflix and probable future stuff my PS3 will allow me to do. So, meh, I'll stick to legal Sony stuff.

Only feature that really intrigues me is the option for a far better browser than the crapfest that is PS3's. Wish they'd just release the android browser on the PS3 now that Google and Sony are all friendly.

The entire cryptography team at SCE is about to get fired for possibly the biggest oversight in gaming history by overlooking the simple concept that a random number is supposed to be random.

Cunning_Linguist said:

The entire cryptography team at SCE is about to get fired for possibly the biggest oversight in gaming history by overlooking the simple concept that a random number is supposed to be random.

Agree. To think the PS3 went from most secure console to something more open than the PSP and the Dreamcast combined in three monhts is almost mind boggling.

Around the Network

For us non hackers what does this mean exactly? Did they use the ps3 hack to get more info on the psp and hack it further? Or is it now that they can trick the devices ionto thinkkng a non psn store is legit. I'm a little confused.

thranx said:

For us non hackers what does this mean exactly? Did they use the ps3 hack to get more info on the psp and hack it further? Or is it now that they can trick the devices ionto thinkkng a non psn store is legit. I'm a little confused.

Basically they discovered the public encryption keys used in the SPU and from there reverese engineered a formula to crack the private keys for any individual console due to a massive flaw in the encryption that fails to utilise a random number in the correct way. For the psp, yes that means full psn access and likely hacking of the most recent hardware iterations that have so far proven difficult to install cfw on.

TL:DR  - they have the keys to the mothership and they can fly it wherever the fuck they like.

thranx said:

Yes. The PSP can now be completely hacked much like the PS3. Besides, Sony AACS keys were found and PS3 will soon become a blu ray dumper too.

This is pretty much worst case scenario for Sony. It only leaks everything, it seems.

This just went up to Astronomically Epic Fail... As if the PSP homebrew scene wasn't large enough, now it's going to skyrocket... 

SONY oh SONY