By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 5 reasons to own a PS3 in 2011

Squilliam said:

Makes me think that all those people who bought PS3s from 2006 to 2010 were foolish if the PS3 is only now finally worth owning.

I must be the biggest dumbfuck for buying a PS3 at launch back in 2006

Around the Network
Joel12345 said:
szerbijn said:

My reasons for getting a ps3 in 2010:

Free online. We, fat poor mexicans with big sombreros, need free stuff :<
Exclusivities. Heavy Rain... then Uncharted, GoW, etc.
Stunning graphics.

Speak for your self

Us rich fat mexicans with lots of tacos want more free stuff!

There are no rich mexicans lol

Try my new level at LittleBigPlanet: Amok's Cave ;D

Get your Portable ID!

Currently playing 
PS3: Uncharted 3, Resistance 3.
Wii: - 

Hyped for: The Last Guardian, Binary Domain.

I'll give one reason and that's all the reason one need

GAMES! and lots of them

and keep in mind, they will announce even more (most probably for Move) as well

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Ajescent said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Coca-Cola said:
Joel12345 said:

Why you on a boycott?

I've talked about it before, but I've had the worst luck with sony products.  It's a personal boycott, not that I encourage others to do the same.

From sterio systems, cd players, t.v. (crt hd tv was the last one i had that broke in less than a year), and PS2 ( I switched to xbox due to this).

so i decided about 7 years ago that i will not buy another sony products.  PS3 was/is very tempting, but no go yet.

yep , microsoft don´t have  a single problem with the consoles , RROD nerver hapen ...

RROD? what the heck is that?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/927749-xbox-360/answers?qid=2046

And the RROD is returning with Kinect...

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/83274/some-users-report-kinect-causing-rrod-issues/

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Ajescent said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Coca-Cola said:
Joel12345 said:

Why you on a boycott? 

I've talked about it before, but I've had the worst luck with sony products.  It's a personal boycott, not that I encourage others to do the same.

From sterio systems, cd players, t.v. (crt hd tv was the last one i had that broke in less than a year), and PS2 ( I switched to xbox due to this).

so i decided about 7 years ago that i will not buy another sony products.  PS3 was/is very tempting, but no go yet.

yep , microsoft don´t have  a single problem with the consoles , RROD nerver hapen ...

RROD? what the heck is that?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/927749-xbox-360/answers?qid=2046

haha, I was kidding.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Cross-X said:
Squilliam said:

Makes me think that all those people who bought PS3s from 2006 to 2010 were foolish if the PS3 is only now finally worth owning.

Ajescent said:

I bought mine in 2008...boy did I feel stupid, but not anymore!! ^_^

At least finally Sony has justified buying a PS3. Theres like 3 games worth playing now, right?

Tease.

They forgot about it's 3D capabilities.

Squilliam said:
Cross-X said:
Squilliam said:

Ajescent said:

At least finally Sony has justified buying a PS3. Theres like 3 games worth playing now, right?

No, the 3rd one got cancelled.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Man these top 5 reasons for both 360 and ps3 were terrible.

Here, I'll save you the effort and write the Wii one.

5: It sells a lot. During the past Christmas, Wii sold almost 2 million consoles in one week. It's very popular. That on its own shouldn't influence your decision, but keeping in mind that all those sales are probably from people who don't play video games like those hot chicks in your pre-law class, there's a handful of reasons to get a wii (no pun intended).

4: It has great exclusives. The Nintendo lineup is top tier. They are challenging and fun. Mostly, this is referring to the Nintendo developed games: the marios, the zeldas, the metroids, etc; And there are plenty of new ones coming out this year to boot.

3: It's efficient. Notice how low your power bill is when you play that new wii game for a month rather than a competitors console, and then tell me that the 40$ a month you saved in electricity doesn't make a difference. (you won't).

2: Homebrew. Nintendo is simply the easiest console to hack and play pirated games on barring its other console, the DS.

1: Fun for the whole family. Have kids, grandparents, MILFS? They will all benefit from having a wii. With Nintendo's new vitality sensor coming out, and two Wii Fit iterations already on the market. There's something for everyone. Just don't blame me when you now have to fight over who gets to play the console. That's how it should be!

Ajescent said:
Squilliam said:
Cross-X said:
Squilliam said:

Ajescent said:

No, the 3rd one got cancelled.

Oh well, I still have my Blu Ray collection, right? I mean I will eventually find a game worth playing on my Playstation 3.

Tease.