By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks like GT5's sales performance is making a lot of haters silent..

Halo_Reach said:
Hynad said:
Halo_Reach said:
Hynad said:
Halo_Reach said:

gt5 OUTSIDE of Europe was a complete sales flop, based on the amount of hype and time in between releases of major gt, Europe ps3 fans are some of the most die hard fans there are in the world of anything, all the posting on here defending the game has come from European fans of the playstation brand. it did not reach 1.5 million in the U.S. even though it had black friday AND the whole december...which is the biggest retail month of the entire year. Iamgine if you will the game was released in april or march...it would of even of done much worse. in the end just enjoy the game if  you want but please for THE LOVE OF GOD quite coming on here acting like it is the best racing game ever made, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THAT SHIT ANYMORE!

You mean like Halo Reach is a complete flop outside of the US, right? ¬_¬ 

no, Halo Reach is actually popular in Europe, I have a few friends from there on my friends list on livem got a good friend from Ireland actually

No, Gran Turismo 5 is actually popular in America, I have a few friends from there on my friends list on PSN and got 4 good friends from Québec (including 2 guys in their mid 50s) actually.  *rolleyes

difference here is there is no shooter better than Halo Reach, BUT there is a better racer in Forza that the blinded fan mass wont give a chance becuase of there blind devotion to sony

Well I guess there's a reason why opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. But numbers are more factual than opinions... And because Gran Turismo had higher sales than Forza, That's something you can't do about that... You just have to deal with the inconvenient truth...

Around the Network
snfr said:
Halo_Reach said:

difference here is there is no shooter better than Halo Reach, BUT there is a better racer in Forza that the blinded fan mass wont give a chance becuase of there blind devotion to sony

You just came back from a ban and you're already heading into the next one...

I give you a little tip now: start accepting other people's opinions, then you probably won't get into any trouble.

I won't start a discussion with you now btw, so please don't reply to this...

yeah i know you wont...looks at a all playstaion sig...wow, it looks as if i am in the wrong part of the woods huh, you playstaion fellas like a band o brothers huh? i dont think it is much of an opinion as is it is a way of life, you guys are set in your ways and have been since the early 2000's

Halo_Reach said:
snfr said:
Halo_Reach said:

I give you a little tip now: start accepting other people's opinions, then you probably won't get into any trouble.

yeah i know you wont...looks at a all playstaion sig...wow, it looks as if i am in the wrong part of the woods huh, you playstaion fellas like a band o brothers huh? i dont think it is much of an opinion as is it is a way of life, you guys are set in your ways and have been since the early 2000's

And what does signatures actually mean? See how easy I can put my gamertag in my sig? 

Reason why I don't use mine anymore is because I don't have my Xbox online since March. But yeah, I know how it's easier to jump into conclusions based on a shallow analysis using biased terms, rather than actually taking your time to ponder logically.

Like Snfr said, you're on the right track for a new ban.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Halo_Reach said:
snfr said:
Halo_Reach said:

No shit, Sherlock.  You're wondering about that with a nickname like yours?  You have the nerve to call anyone here blindly biased with a nickname such as yours?  

Just to avoid talking BS, I checked the numbers: GT5 does more than 25% of its total sales in America and more than 11% in Japan (despite a big decrease there), while Halo: Reach does less than 24% in EMEAA and less than 1% in Japan. So Reach depends on America a lot more than GT5 does on EMEAA.

Just to avoid passing for a hater, I got no problems to admit that instead Kinect is, relatively, faring very good even in Japan, it had good sales in ratio to XB360 user base (it launched two weeks later there, so its ratio to it compared to the WW ratio is fine anyway) and excellent in ratio to 360 weekly sales there (more than 5:2 this week, for example, I should check but I think that it didn't get a ratio so good even in America).

Edit. PS: I don't even own a PS3, although I quite like it, I'm not a big PS2 fan and I just hate PSOne and early PSP models (I really never managed to use its controls, I can't be precise and they quickly give me hand cramps) and I can barely stand the more recent ones. So some whiners crying to a presumed Sony fanboys conspiracy just makes me laugh my arse off.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

@Halo_Reach,

Not cool. You should have just left it at the first post.

"Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one"

Instigating a flame war in one of the most densely PS3 populated threads is never a good idea.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:

@Halo_Reach,

Instigating a flame war in one of the most densely PS3 populated threads is never a good idea.

Wouldn't it be the same if anyone would go into a thread mainly related to Wii or 360 related products and do the same thing?

That sort of attitude should be condemned generally, not when it only affects the side of the fence that some members are against. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
NotStan said:

@Halo_Reach,

Wouldn't it be the same if anyone would go into a thread mainly related to Wii or 360 related products and do the same thing?

That sort of attitude should be condemned generally, not when it only affects the side of the fence that some members are against. 

naw, its OK to do it in a kinect or halo thread...but NOT ok here at all, not one bit

Halo_Reach said:
lestatdark said:
NotStan said:

@Halo_Reach,

naw, its OK to do it in a kinect or halo thread...but NOT ok here at all, not one bit

Of course it's not okay, and if you go look into the most recent bans under the User tag, you'll see that the majority of them are bans related to people bashing the Kinect or the Wii.

I do think there are a lot of members who defend the PS3 to the extreme, and that they don't contribute with anything good to this site. But there's those kind of fans in every camp as well.

Current PC Build

Halo_Reach said:
lestatdark said:
NotStan said:

@Halo_Reach,

Oh, please! I hate how people whine about VGC is biased. It's not. And if it is, then I kindly ask you to leave the forums so that you aren't exposed to all this bias.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx