By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks like GT5's sales performance is making a lot of haters silent..

Halo_Reach said:

gt5 OUTSIDE of Europe was a complete sales flop, based on the amount of hype and time in between releases of major gt, Europe ps3 fans are some of the most die hard fans there are in the world of anything, all the posting on here defending the game has come from European fans of the playstation brand. it did not reach 1.5 million in the U.S. even though it had black friday AND the whole december...which is the biggest retail month of the entire year. Iamgine if you will the game was released in april or march...it would of even of done much worse. in the end just enjoy the game if  you want but please for THE LOVE OF GOD quite coming on here acting like it is the best racing game ever made, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THAT SHIT ANYMORE!

GT5 is the best racing game and best selling racing game, best looking racing game. It's the best at so much. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Hynad said:
Halo_Reach said:

gt5 OUTSIDE of Europe was a complete sales flop, based on the amount of hype and time in between releases of major gt, Europe ps3 fans are some of the most die hard fans there are in the world of anything, all the posting on here defending the game has come from European fans of the playstation brand. it did not reach 1.5 million in the U.S. even though it had black friday AND the whole december...which is the biggest retail month of the entire year. Iamgine if you will the game was released in april or march...it would of even of done much worse. in the end just enjoy the game if  you want but please for THE LOVE OF GOD quite coming on here acting like it is the best racing game ever made, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THAT SHIT ANYMORE!

You mean like Halo Reach is a complete flop outside of the US, right? ¬_¬ 

no, Halo Reach is actually popular in Europe, I have a few friends from there on my friends list on livem got a good friend from Ireland actually

pezus said:
Halo_Reach said:

*Looks at username*...uhm, yeah...

you know what, i see the same exact names around here defending the ps3 to no end, so talk some more shit will ya?

Halo_Reach said:
Hynad said:
Halo_Reach said:

no, Halo Reach is actually popular in Europe, I have a few friends from there on my friends list on livem got a good friend from Ireland actually

No, Gran Turismo 5 is actually popular in America, I have a few friends from there on my friends list on PSN and got 4 good friends from Québec (including 2 guys in their mid 50s) actually.  *rolleyes

Wtf. Gran Turismo and Halo are both popular. End of Discussion...

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Halo_Reach said:
Hynad said:
Halo_Reach said:

No, Gran Turismo 5 is actually popular in America, I have a few friends from there on my friends list on PSN and got 4 good friends from Québec (including 2 guys in their mid 50s) actually.  *rolleyes

difference here is there is no shooter better than Halo Reach, BUT there is a better racer in Forza that the blinded fan mass wont give a chance becuase of there blind devotion to sony

Halo_Reach said:
Hynad said:
Halo_Reach said:
Hynad said:
Halo_Reach said:

difference here is there is no shooter better than Halo Reach, BUT there is a better racer in Forza that the blinded fan mass wont give a chance becuase of there blind devotion to sony

Both of those statements were your opinion

Halo_Reach said:

I don't think you'll hear a lot of people saying that GT5 is the best racing game ever made. Though it is one of the best ever and it competes quite nicely even with PC sims.

Here's the review from actual Simulation professionals who actually know what they're talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkavE6EyU_4

Also, if you take any time to notice it, they only did one part of the review so far, due to how massive GT5 is. But since the game gets better as it goes on, I don't think their opinion will change for the worst.

So, before you go spouting any kind of nonsense, get your facts straight.

Edit - And before you go touting me as just another "Sony" defense whatever, here's my gamertag: Lestatarthas, and my current points in Forza 3: 880. I loved Forza 3 as much as everybody else, heck, I finished all seasons and almost all events, but GT5 to me, to a lot of other people and to many specialized simulation media, is the better game.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Halo_Reach said:

You just came back from a ban and you're already heading into the next one...

I give you a little tip now: start accepting other people's opinions, then you probably won't get into any trouble.

I won't start a discussion with you now btw, so please don't reply to this...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Hynad said:
Halo_Reach said:
Hynad said:
Halo_Reach said:

LMFAO well done...you beat me to it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!