By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks like GT5's sales performance is making a lot of haters silent..

bugrimmar said:
Ajescent said:

Was there really any need to bring Forza into this?

of course. it was the main competition and the most frequently mentioned "new king of racing". it has to be put back into its place.

Forza is no competition for GT5, just because, forza3 is not a simulator!

Forza3 don't simulate weather variations

Forza3 don't simulate  day/night cycle

Forza3 don't simulate  dynamic shadows

Forza3 artificial phisycs system, don't simulate real life phisics

Even in visual simulation, Forza3 is in a inferior league!

Forza3 can’t even simulate a race, because there are no competitions in the world with only 7 cars in the track (beyond our).

Can you imagine, the LeMans 24 hours, with only 8 cars, no weather variations, and 24h with sun light?

"Its 3 AM in the morning, with a beautifull sunshine in the sky?" lol

As simulation foza3 is Zero, then this is a comparasion without logic, because GT5 is a simulator and forza3 is not.

Unless, forza 3 is a simulator of Sunday rides, or even a simulator of warm ups, because 7 cars in the track looks like an warm up … not a real race.

Forza3 is not and never could be a simulator of real life (like GT5), than try not compare what has no comparasion.

Forza3 WAS the most frequently mentioned "new king of racing", but I think its more like: "wanabe king of racing"

Uncharted & The Last of Us 

(Definitely, best games of last Gen)

Around the Network
snakenobi said:

GT5 is KING

In sales only, which doesn't mean much. I still don't think it'll past GT4 10 million sales lifetime, but we'll see,

FORZA 3 is still KING and FORZA 4 will be KING in 2011 as well.

pezus said:
MightyGrogg said:
snakenobi said:

GT5 is KING

In sales only, which doesn't mean much. I still don't think it'll past GT4 10 million sales lifetime, but we'll see,

Maybe your king but GT5 is mine ;)

Mine too... no comparison about SIM RACING.

pezus said:
MightyGrogg said:
snakenobi said:

GT5 is KING

Forza 3 is King for a lot of people who enjoy realistic physics and A.I. The bumper cars days are over. GT5 was a huge disappointment for many GT fans. 5 years and it didn't delivery everything that was promised. Many of the new features are only intergrated into part of the game. Weather, day/night only work on some tracks? What?!? Premium graphics only on some cars. Damage not fully intergrated on all cars. The A.I. still plays like bumper cars. Even the online isn't perfect. So sorry. It's not KING. Not this generation anyways. We will compare Forza 4 with GT5 this year.

CGI-Quality said:
MightyGrogg said:
pezus said:
MightyGrogg said:
snakenobi said:

GT5 is KING

Forza 3 is King for a lot of people who enjoy realistic physics and A.I. The bumper cars days are over. GT5 was a huge disappointment for many GT fans. 5 years and it didn't delivery everything that was promised. Many of the new features are only intergrated into part of the game. Weather, day/night only work on some tracks? What?!? Premium graphics only on some cars. Damage not fully intergrated on all cars. The A.I. still plays like bumper cars. Even the online isn't perfect. So sorry. It's not KING. Not this generation anyways. We will compare Forza 4 with GT5 this year.

Actually, the fans loved GT5 (save for your normal disappointed amounts). Not all reviews were willing to throw out 9s or 10s, but an 84 is hardly a bad number. And when it comes to physics, it was accpeted by reviewers and gamers alike that GT5 is ahead.

I can't speak for eveyone, but GT5 hardly faltered on physics and is considered the top racing simulator available on consoles.

By the fanboys yes. By unbiase critics, no. I'll believe the unbiase critics, gamers and reviewers first. Every GT5 fanboy believe it the greatest and best. That's not surprising. I own it and still play it. For me, it's still not better then Forza 3. I never said it was terrible, just disappointing, because it was suppose to be GREAT. It's just good to me.

Around the Network
MightyGrogg said:
pezus said:
MightyGrogg said:
snakenobi said:

GT5 is KING

Fans and reviews agree GT5 has the best physics on console ever... and the A.I. in harder modes is almost perfect (no car do the same path, the driving skill of computer change every lap, and some advanced driving skills is show by A.I.).

And fans loved GT5.

Edit -

The unbiase critics said the same thing... GT5 is the best racing simulator available on consoles... Forza 3 is the best racing game only (not simulator).

CGI-Quality said:
MightyGrogg said:

By the fanboys yes. By unbiase critics, no. I'll believe the unbiase critics, gamers and reviewers first. Every GT5 fanboy believe it the greatest and best. That's not surprising. I own it and still play it. For me, it's still not better then Forza 3. I never said it was terrible, just disappointing, because it was suppose to be GREAT. It's just good to me.

Nah, that's the way you choose to see it. Reasonable critics and supporters alike give GT5 it's fair run and agree that you'd be hard pressed to find a better racing simulator on consoles (specifically pointing out physics as one of it's strong suits).

How you feel about Forza vs GT isn't a problem, many think Forza is better than GT. It's that you feel it's a general consensus, which it is not.

Believe what you want. The facts won't change. My opinion will stay the same. The scores will still be the same. The review and critic opinions won't change either. Nothing else needs to be said. Fans will be fans. Good day.

MightyGrogg said:
CGI-Quality said:
MightyGrogg said:

Nah, that's the way you choose to see it. Reasonable critics and supporters alike give GT5 it's fair run and agree that you'd be hard pressed to find a better racing simulator on consoles (specifically pointing out physics as one of it's strong suits).

How you feel about Forza vs GT isn't a problem, many think Forza is better than GT. It's that you feel it's a general consensus, which it is not.

Believe what you want. The facts won't change. My opinion will stay the same. The scores will still be the same. The review and critic opinions won't change either. Nothing else needs to be said. Fans will be fans. Good day.

You really read the reviews??? Besides the score they said GT5 is the best simulator racing on consoles and the physics are incomparable.

Show me the review you saw to me quote the parts about that.

MightyGrogg said:
snakenobi said:

GT5 is KING

what do you mean in sales only?

forza is nowhere near the king or the prince,it got outsold in the first month if it wasn't for the bundling it got

MightyGrogg said:
CGI-Quality said:
MightyGrogg said:

let me ask you what is your set up when you play forza. and what are the most important aspects of a sim.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good