By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks like GT5's sales performance is making a lot of haters silent..

slowmo said:
zgamer5 said:
thx1139 said:
CGI-Quality said:
thx1139 said:

Nope GT5 is doing exactly what I thought it would do.

Big time Christmas present for existing PS3 owners and not moving much additional hardware.

GT5 didn't move just hardware it's release week, it helped to increase it weekly during the holiday, with the PS3 not falling too far behind 2009 levels. Without a price cut, it (and Move) were definite key factors, unless you're suggesting the PS3 stayed close to the previous year's numbers just based on existing merits.

Whatever the case may be, GT5 has contributed to a substantial amount of hardware moving during the 2010 holiday season.

Over and over people said this is when PS3 makes its final push and catches the 360. The fact of the matter is that when consoles have the install base that all 3 consoles have a software title has minimal effect on new hardware sales. The simple fact that the consoles have a good library and more new good software will continue to be released keeps the sales going.

those people never knew of a slim and kinects 500 million ad budget. its like if you come and say that all the people who predicted 360 to be at 46 million by years end were dillusional.

They were.

If they hadn't expected the slim and advertsiing budget they still knew Kinect was coming and it would have some boost.  There is also the fact that they knew Reach was launching which would push sales and also be advertised to create interest.  Finally had the slim not released it's pretty much nailed on there would have been a modest cut to generate more interest too.  All in all I fail to see how anyone could seriously predict sales less than 48 million without either wishful thinking or ignorance of the market imo.

360 ender with what 50 million at years end. slim gave a boost from its release till now, and no one expected the budget to be 500m so their prediction would have probably been correct or 1 milion of.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
slowmo said:
zgamer5 said:
thx1139 said:
CGI-Quality said:
thx1139 said:

Big time Christmas present for existing PS3 owners and not moving much additional hardware.

GT5 didn't move just hardware it's release week, it helped to increase it weekly during the holiday, with the PS3 not falling too far behind 2009 levels. Without a price cut, it (and Move) were definite key factors, unless you're suggesting the PS3 stayed close to the previous year's numbers just based on existing merits.

Whatever the case may be, GT5 has contributed to a substantial amount of hardware moving during the 2010 holiday season.

Over and over people said this is when PS3 makes its final push and catches the 360. The fact of the matter is that when consoles have the install base that all 3 consoles have a software title has minimal effect on new hardware sales. The simple fact that the consoles have a good library and more new good software will continue to be released keeps the sales going.

those people never knew of a slim and kinects 500 million ad budget. its like if you come and say that all the people who predicted 360 to be at 46 million by years end were dillusional.

They were.

If they hadn't expected the slim and advertsiing budget they still knew Kinect was coming and it would have some boost.  There is also the fact that they knew Reach was launching which would push sales and also be advertised to create interest.  Finally had the slim not released it's pretty much nailed on there would have been a modest cut to generate more interest too.  All in all I fail to see how anyone could seriously predict sales less than 48 million without either wishful thinking or ignorance of the market imo.

360 ender with what 50 million at years end. slim gave a boost from its release till now, and no one expected the budget to be 500m so their prediction would have probably been correct or 1 milion of.

Tbh, Reach released in September and didnt push many consoles, the same with the silm redesign, while that helped a lot in the US, the PS3 was still outselling the 360 worldwide (being outsold primarily in the US), Kinect has saved the console, there is no doubt about that imho. Kinect has been their ace in the hole and its worked.

A203D said:
Tbh, Reach released in September and didnt push many consoles, the same with the silm redesign, while that helped a lot in the US, the PS3 was still outselling the 360 worldwide (being outsold primarily in the US), Kinect has saved the console, there is no doubt about that imho. Kinect has been their ace in the hole and its worked. 

I have to agree.

While no adjustments happen... Kinect is the only motive to move 360 hardware in the last months and put it above PS3... inclusive over the GT5 boost.

A203D said:
zgamer5 said:
slowmo said:
zgamer5 said:
thx1139 said:
CGI-Quality said:
thx1139 said:

They were.

first of all im talking about 360 sales. 2nd think from slim release till week after move release 360 has been outselling ps3.

other then that i was talking about peoples predictions, and they were reasonable considering the knowledge back then.

zgamer5 said:
first of all im talking about 360 sales. 2nd think from slim release till week after move release 360 has been outselling ps3.

other then that i was talking about peoples predictions, and they were reasonable considering the knowledge back then.

Not after PS3 huge adjustments... 360 won just 3 or 4 weeks after Slim release because PS3 comeback at week end 14th Aug.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
zgamer5 said:

Not after PS3 huge adjustments... 360 won just 3 or 4 weeks after Slim release because PS3 comeback after week end 1th Aug.

really? werent the adjustments just for move release in eu? what did ps3 this year and 360.

zgamer5 said:
ethomaz said:
zgamer5 said:

Not after PS3 huge adjustments... 360 won just 3 or 4 weeks after Slim release because PS3 comeback after week end 1th Aug.

really? werent the adjustments just for move release in eu? what did ps3 this year and 360.

Nope... the adjustmentes change the 2 years data for PS3... all the week have some incresing in the last two years.

Befere that the 360 outsold PS3 by months in EMEAA... after the situation changed.

ethomaz said:
zgamer5 said:
ethomaz said:
zgamer5 said:

Nope... the adjustmentes change the 2 years data for PS3... all the week have some incresing in the last two years.

Befere that the 360 outsold PS3 by months in EMEAA... after the situation changed.

I'm pretty sure the 360 was doing very poor numbers worldwide until the slim rerelease after E3 2010. after the release of slim redesign the 360 began outselling PS3 for a few months until Halo Reach released. after this point we had adjustments that showed the PS3 was undertracked in regions of the EU, where vgchartz does not track.

at which point the PS3 was outselling the 360 worldwide, and it had been since the slim relaunch and the release of Halo Reach. the only region 360 was winning was the US, but this was not enough to beat the PS3 worldwide. but since Kinects release in November (i think) the 360 has been outselling the PS3 by about 200 k i think. which isnt unreasonable considering Kinect has had enormous marketing and publicity.

A203D said:
ethomaz said:
zgamer5 said:
ethomaz said:
zgamer5 said:

I'm pretty sure the 360 was doing very poor numbers worldwide until the slim rerelease after E3 2010. after the release of slim redesign the 360 began outselling PS3 for a few months until Halo Reach released. after this point we had adjustments that showed the PS3 was undertracked in regions of the EU, where vgchartz does not track.

at which point the PS3 was outselling the 360 worldwide, and it had been since the slim relaunch and the release of Halo Reach. the only region 360 was winning was the US, but this was not enough to beat the PS3 worldwide. but since Kinects release in November (i think) the 360 has been outselling the PS3 by about 200 k i think. which isnt unreasonable considering Kinect has had enormous marketing and publicity.

That's a good sumary.

zgamer5 said:
A203D said:
zgamer5 said:
slowmo said:
zgamer5 said:
thx1139 said:
CGI-Quality said:
thx1139 said:

They were.

I don't consider people being 4 million out a reasonable prediction in the slightest but you're entitled to your opinion.  Just for fun what do you think would have happened had the 360 been price cut instead of the slim revision.  The price cut was the most likely scenario this year but the slim just meant it wasn't necessary but I think the numbers wouldn't be too far off what they are now.  At worst the figures were always going to be in the 48 million region never 46 million.

I'll not even highlight the hypocrysy of some people defending the low 360 sales predictions while lambasting users on here who predicted sub 10 million LTD sales figures for GT5. 

Anyway I've defended my viewpoint so I'll leave you to the last word and not go further off topic :).