By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who are EA kidding with Mass Effect 2 PS3.

It costs more because it comes with all of the game's DLC right from the start. This was the same case with Oblivion. Yeah it released a year later, but it came with Knight of the Nine which costs like ~$20 or so on XBL.

Personally I am not buying it until it drops to at least $30. I didn't care much for the demo. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

http://masseffect.bioware.com/info/dlc/

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

huaxiong90 said:
Darth Tigris said:

I can't know the posting history's of every person here.  IIRC, my main attack on that Kinect thread (if its the one I think it is) was on the original blog site that his post came from and not MUGEN.

As for the other thread, I don't see what the problem was.  It was neither an attack on PS3 fans or a dismissal of 360 or Wii Zealots.  I even said we actually CARE about Sony's financial performance here.

Please don't try to project an image of me that's not accurate.  I may be a 360 only owner this gen, but that has everything to do with economics.  The problem starts and ends with the Zealots that disrupt any positivity that this community attempts to promote.  And the cumulative effect of their actions cannot be minimized.  It's not unlike the raison d'être of terrorism, minus the mortality concerns of course.

OT: I really hope PS3 fans buy and give this game a fair chance.  I finished my 3rd playthrough (Vanguard on Insanity even!) about 2 months ago and I honestly miss playing it.  So much more I still haven't seen or done in the game.  GotY.

I don't really like to skew the views of people on others, nor do I take pleasure in pointing fingers at people, I assure you that, but I feel this needed to be discussed.

For the Kinect thread, it was the one where Kowen got banned. You quoted one of the people calling it stealth trolling and agreed, saying kowen saw through the intentions and got sick of it freely happening on the boards. Did MUGEN have bad intentions? Who knows, though he put the news as it is.

Now as for the other thread: It's good and appreciated that you care for the financial performance of all three companies. However, that's the problem. It's just you that truly cares. The OP in that thread has a history of making Sony "doom threads", as they like to call it, and most of them are heavily spun.

I honestly don't mind people focusing on and defending only their platform of choice (which would make them more vocal on certain communities than others). However, what has annoyed me for quite some time is the double standards. But now that you've made yourself more clear, I can see where you're coming from, and I apologize if it was offensive, but I had to mention it.

It takes time to see trends with posters and, to be honest, thanks to the Zealots and the Saboteurs (just thought of that for stealth trolls :D), people who are genuine can end up getting lost in the mess.  Thanks for bringing this up so we both had a chance to clarify where we stand.  I recognize pizzafacegamer's avatar more than his name, but now I see what you mean.

Its true that, depending on the topics we frequent, we can be exposed more to certain agendas that particular Zealot and Saboteur groups promote and that can color our view of the community in general.  Sounds like you're as sick of the 360 Zealots as I am the PS3 ones, haha.  They're all screwing up this community.  I just would seriously hate it if regular PS3 fans buy into this negative ME2 talk.  IMO, it'll be among the best $60 a gamer can spend if they want to be left satisfied.

KylieDog said:
gergroy said:

It should be full price, it is essentially a game of the year edition.  It comes bundled with all the released DLC (which if you add it all up is worth about $30) plus it has the mass effect 1 interactive comic.  

I don't see any reason to complain about the price of this game unless you are also going to start a thread and complain about every single game of the year edition game that is released.  

I bought the re-release of Resident Evil 5 with all DLC inlcuded (worth ~£12 on PSN) on release day for £25, the RRP being £30.  I bought Fallout 3 GOTY Edition which inlcuded all DLC (worth £40 on PSN) for £30 on release, RRP £40.  (A new full price games RRP is £50)

I'm not seeing any good reason why ME2 on PS3 is being charged full price.

so you got some deals, mass effect 2 is about the same as the fallout game of the year.  Pricing seems a little less fixed over there than it is here in the states, but from what I can see, it seems the price set seems fair on all accounts.  You'll probably find a deal for Mass Effect 2 just like you did for the other games you just mentioned.  

By the way, games rarely fluxuate from the RRP here in the states the week it is released.  So you are lucky in that aspect.  

I just tried the demo, deffo buying this shit, not day 1, but deffo this year. It would have been so cool to have Mass Effect 1 too instead of the comic. But we can't have everything.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
gergroy said:
KylieDog said:
gergroy said:

It should be full price, it is essentially a game of the year edition.  It comes bundled with all the released DLC (which if you add it all up is worth about $30) plus it has the mass effect 1 interactive comic.  

I don't see any reason to complain about the price of this game unless you are also going to start a thread and complain about every single game of the year edition game that is released.  

I bought the re-release of Resident Evil 5 with all DLC inlcuded (worth ~£12 on PSN) on release day for £25, the RRP being £30.  I bought Fallout 3 GOTY Edition which inlcuded all DLC (worth £40 on PSN) for £30 on release, RRP £40.  (A new full price games RRP is £50)

so you got some deals, mass effect 2 is about the same as the fallout game of the year.  Pricing seems a little less fixed over there than it is here in the states, but from what I can see, it seems the price set seems fair on all accounts.  You'll probably find a deal for Mass Effect 2 just like you did for the other games you just mentioned.  

By the way, games rarely fluxuate from the RRP here in the states the week it is released.  So you are lucky in that aspect.  

They were not 'deals', the RRP was lower, they where intended to be lower price by the publisher.  ME2 should be also.

how is it not a deal if the RRP is 30 and you got it for 25? or 40 and got it for 30?  Not being difficult, I guess I just don't understand how it works over there.

gergroy said:
KylieDog said:
gergroy said:
KylieDog said:
gergroy said:

They were not 'deals', the RRP was lower, they where intended to be lower price by the publisher.  ME2 should be also.

how is it not a deal if the RRP is 30 and you got it for 25? or 40 and got it for 30?  Not being difficult, I guess I just don't understand how it works over there.

Deal or no Deal (hey, I should make that into a tv show), £30 is still cheaper than £40, £25 is even cheaper.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
gergroy said:
KylieDog said:
gergroy said:
KylieDog said:
gergroy said:

Deal or no Deal (hey, I should make that into a tv show), £30 is still cheaper than £40, £25 is even cheaper.

who's to say the 40 isn't the RRP and he'll be able to find it cheaper?  that is what I'm trying to figure out.

gergroy said:
KylieDog said:
gergroy said:
KylieDog said:
gergroy said:

I guess it depends on your definition, but I think the difference in the UK is that there are so many retailers selling games now when a game has a price fall it typically doesn't ever go back up, so it's not so much a deal as it is just a price cut. 

ME2 PS3 will be £18 by March so I'll pick it up then, definitely looking forward to playing it but I'm a bit stubborn when it comes to gaming prices and will really struggle to pay alot for a game avaliable for £5 elsewhere. 

Well in the US the games sell at the RRP price, not lower, the only deals you get on release week are typical preorder deals, that's about it.

And I'm sorry but I really don't feel bad about forking 60$ for ME2  all DLC.

It's arguably one of the best game that will release on the PS3 in 2011. And if the price is too high, you can always get an XBox360 and get that version...........

PS : 5 pounds for games new is crazy, I don't get while the publisher even bother selling them at that price...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !