By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do I have to point out the elephant in the room?

Do I have to point out the elephant in the room?

You think they should leave the comments. 8 80.00%

They should erase everything. 2 20.00%

Total:10

Why in the gamrfeed article's do comments get erased? Even if they are just a little critical, they erase them. It can just be a little different point of view. So how do you feel about this?

Around the Network

personally I am not going to comment on there article's anymore. I can't have a point of view on there forums and I don't get over aggressive until I get erased for something that should have been left.

Hey lets put up a controversial article and erase any who disagree or go against the grain. Not that they broke any forum rules.

To my knowledge most comments that are deleted are because they are trolling or flaming.  Do you have any examples of comments being deleted because they were just a slightly different point of view from the article?

Torillian said:

To my knowledge most comments that are deleted are because they are trolling or flaming.  Do you have any examples of comments being deleted because they were just a slightly different point of view from the article?

I have used them and said just a example and got erased. Now I am not talking about any article's as recent but I stopped really commenting in them and just thought of it today when I finally looked in the forums again. Someone made a comment and it reminded me that this has happen to me over nothing. Maybe it wasn't any of your forums but it does happen.

I don't agree with the trolling or flaming but at the same point some article's are ment to be heated.  some people go to far but some don't  but get banned for something that should be overlooked and allowed due to the forum.

I have no opinion of this, but here is an interesting thing I noticed... When you get banned, all of the comments you made on articles dissapear. Bam! Gone! Erased in to oblivion! I am not sure if they come back when you get unbanned...but I really dont feel like getting banned again to find this out.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

I have no opinion of this, but here is an interesting thing I noticed... When you get banned, all of the comments you made on articles dissapear. Bam! Gone! Erased in to oblivion! I am not sure if they come back when you get unbanned...but I really dont feel like getting banned again to find this out.

SO do we have any takers for this scientific test? LOL

WHO is up for the challenge to test this?C'mon

J/k unless you want to.

I've only seen trolling comments removed.

voty2000 said:

I've only seen trolling comments removed.

I know I made a comment a while ago that was just disagreeing with the article and not flaming or trolling but got erased.

RolStoppable said:
bannedagain said:
disolitude said:

I will gladly take this challenge, but I want to get banned by Torillian for not giving him a proper synopsis of the M!Games LPB2 review. A ban length of five minutes is enough to check this comments thing out.

LOL, this will be fun!

RolStoppable said:
bannedagain said:
disolitude said:

I will gladly take this challenge, but I want to get banned by Torillian for not giving him a proper synopsis of the M!Games LPB2 review. A ban length of five minutes is enough to check this comments thing out.

shortest ban is a day.

On the Disolitude's post:  Are you sure about that?  I know that when someone is permabanned their comments and posts are deleted but I don't think something similar happens with regular bans.