By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chibi Import Reviews: Xenoblade

g-value said:
dahuman said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Soriku said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Fair enough ^^ 

I just finished the story today :P I havnt been of VGC for a few days cos i was playing through the game almost flat out XD The basic premise of the story was basic enough but the actually way its presented it fantastic. My wary was that as it was such a vast choice in how you play the game and explore that the story may have been slightly lacking compared to many jrpg's i was however problem wrong :P In all it will take you anywhere between 40 - 70 hours to finish through the game once. Some scenes in the game literally made me go O_O

lol...I was expecting more but OK. Did you play Xenosaga? If you did how do you like Xenoblade's story compared to that?

Lol sorry im kinda tired XD it almost 3am :P and i havnt ever played Xenosaga before (THE SHAME!)

This game's story is nothing like Xenosaga. It's not as rushed or clichce.

I can understand how you may have felt that Xenosaga was rushed, but how was it that cliche? It had some cliches, sure, but it had alot of originality too it.

I already guessed every direction the saga was heading in each step of the way when I played them...... I might just be too Asian or something. Just play Xenoblade when it comes out here, it's a better game anyways.

Around the Network
g-value said:
dahuman said:
Packie said:

This is actually a pretty good review for a first timer but I have some minor nitpicks.

While it's nice and understandable that you don't want to spoil the game's plot, I still don't know what the game is actually about. you haven't touched on the characters, the setting or the overall plot. be more descriptive about the game like what it's about or telling us who's the main character or mentioning that it has a mideval fantasy setting or a sci-fi one...etc.

In the music section, you spent half the paragraph explaining how music is important to a game but you've barely talked about Xenoblade's own soundtrack other than that you really liked it and found it beautiful. which is cool since it's your review and it's your opinion but ,again, be a little more descriptive about it like describing what type of music plays during the game(orchestral, rock, pop...etc.), or describe if the music fits the game's atmosphere and flows naturally.

Other than that, it was a good review and I'm actually looking forward to your next import review. :D

The music is just well placed and sound right for the situation or environment you are in, the open world music is very relaxed and sounds great with violin tunes when you are running around. The city music fit very well with the areas you are looking at. The battle songs are well paced too, it's just really good. Here is the link to a playlist, you can check them out here http://bit.ly/99onVo

Story wise, well, I'ma just say that there is a war going on with the 2 sides and Monado is the only sword that would be the deciding factor in fighting the ummm.... big dudes that you face. This is not a very cliche JRPG, that's for sure, I can't give out too much info on the story since they are pretty important for the player to find out. You HAVE TO play this game dood. They need to bring this out of Japan so people can really play this and know how good this game is.

Quick question, does any of the titles of the OST songs carry any spoilers?

well, like battle theme, last boss battle theme, some city names and field names lol. Pretty much spoiler free since you won't remember any of those until you play the game anyways.

dahuman said:
Packie said:

This is actually a pretty good review for a first timer but I have some minor nitpicks.

While it's nice and understandable that you don't want to spoil the game's plot, I still don't know what the game is actually about. you haven't touched on the characters, the setting or the overall plot. be more descriptive about the game like what it's about or telling us who's the main character or mentioning that it has a mideval fantasy setting or a sci-fi one...etc.

In the music section, you spent half the paragraph explaining how music is important to a game but you've barely talked about Xenoblade's own soundtrack other than that you really liked it and found it beautiful. which is cool since it's your review and it's your opinion but ,again, be a little more descriptive about it like describing what type of music plays during the game(orchestral, rock, pop...etc.), or describe if the music fits the game's atmosphere and flows naturally.

Other than that, it was a good review and I'm actually looking forward to your next import review. :D

The music is just well placed and sound right for the situation or environment you are in, the open world music is very relaxed and sounds great with violin tunes when you are running around. The city music fit very well with the areas you are looking at. The battle songs are well paced too, it's just really good. Here is the link to a playlist, you can check them out here http://bit.ly/99onVo

Story wise, well, I'ma just say that there is a war going on with the 2 sides and Monado is the only sword that would be the deciding factor in fighting the ummm.... big dudes that you face. This is not a very cliche JRPG, that's for sure, I can't give out too much info on the story since they are pretty important for the player to find out. You HAVE TO play this game dood. They need to bring this out of Japan so people can really play this and know how good this game is.

damn! the battle theme sounds badass.

dahuman said:
g-value said:
dahuman said:
Packie said:

well, like battle theme, last boss battle theme, some city names and field names lol. Pretty much spoiler free since you won't remember any of those until you play the game anyways.

But does any of the song titles carry any spoilers of events or plot twist that happen in the game though?

That a quick look at this playlist to make sure:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GAppears#g/c/3B0F9C2198D26DBA

Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Conegamer said:

Nice review, I want this game! And TLS...

If you want to do a story review, either just summarise the main story, or say how the first hour plays out. Or say spoilers in the thread title. That way, we know

Thanx ^^

haha yh i might do like a section for Story and ten a summary section which you could have to highlight to see or something ^^

That's a good idea, I anticipate your next review!

Make it The Last Story

My next reveiw is going to be tales of grace f ^^ I will do the last story as soon as possible after it comes out as i know alot of people are interested tio know about it.

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
g-value said:
dahuman said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Soriku said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Fair enough ^^ 

I just finished the story today :P I havnt been of VGC for a few days cos i was playing through the game almost flat out XD The basic premise of the story was basic enough but the actually way its presented it fantastic. My wary was that as it was such a vast choice in how you play the game and explore that the story may have been slightly lacking compared to many jrpg's i was however problem wrong :P In all it will take you anywhere between 40 - 70 hours to finish through the game once. Some scenes in the game literally made me go O_O

lol...I was expecting more but OK. Did you play Xenosaga? If you did how do you like Xenoblade's story compared to that?

Lol sorry im kinda tired XD it almost 3am :P and i havnt ever played Xenosaga before (THE SHAME!)

I can understand how you may have felt that Xenosaga was rushed, but how was it that cliche? It had some cliches, sure, but it had alot of originality too it.

I already guessed every direction the saga was heading in each step of the way when I played them...... I might just be too Asian or something. Just play Xenoblade when it comes out here, it's a better game anyways.

For some reason, I find that REALLY hard to believe.

Packie said:

Thanx ^^ i know i kinda go of track alot but im going to try and fix that in my next reveiw ^^

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

g-value said:
dahuman said:
g-value said:
dahuman said:
Packie said:

But does any of the song titles carry any spoilers of events or plot twist that happen in the game though?

That a quick look at this playlist to make sure:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GAppears#g/c/3B0F9C2198D26DBA

can always just start the playlist then change the tab if you are that worried lol ^^b

g-value said:
dahuman said:
g-value said:
dahuman said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Soriku said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Fair enough ^^ 

Well, the last game I had trouble really doing that with was FF6, that game was just, like wtf I can't guess it at all, I mean I know I kill the bad guy at the end but holy fuck. Xenoblade's story is a little more mature as so it's harder to guess, it's not the usual ummm, I don't know how to even explain it tbh, just a thing.

dahuman said:
g-value said:
dahuman said:
g-value said:
dahuman said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Soriku said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Fair enough ^^ 

Well, the last game I had trouble really doing that with was FF6, that game was just, like wtf I can't guess it at all, I mean I know I kill the bad guy at the end but holy fuck. Xenoblade's story is a little more mature as so it's harder to guess, it's not the usual ummm, I don't know how to even explain it tbh, just a thing.

be prepared for quite alot of plot twists you wont see coming ^^