By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas 25th Up!

I find those Epic Mickey sales hard to believe. Even with the Wii moving a million this week. Are they advetising the hell out of it or something?

Around the Network
melbye said:

Paraphrasing Wiihaters: "Haha, 3rd party games don't sell on the Wii, Epic Mickey will never come close to 1 million. Disney and Spector made a huge mistake making this for Wii"

Stop making things up, no one said that.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Seece said:
KillerMan said:

So PS3 had $100 gift card deal in Walmart and Amazon and it went up barely 5%? Pretty weird. Still great numbers all around. Especially Wii numbers are pretty frightening. Over one million in Americas alone.

What's wierd was it's sales shooting up to 390k last week, kinda evens each out.

it's called stealth adjustment, and that 700k for the 360 is aswell.

I don't think ioi cares much about being obvious with adjustments, last week 360 had a wal mart deal and replenished stock. Know what you're talking about before opening your mouth in future psrock.

Where did Mario Party DS come from? I thought that game was dead long time.

Galaki said:

Where did Mario Party DS come from? I thought that game was dead long time.

Bundled with alot of DS.

Around the Network
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
KillerMan said:

So PS3 had $100 gift card deal in Walmart and Amazon and it went up barely 5%? Pretty weird. Still great numbers all around. Especially Wii numbers are pretty frightening. Over one million in Americas alone.

What's wierd was it's sales shooting up to 390k last week, kinda evens each out.

it's called stealth adjustment, and that 700k for the 360 is aswell.

I don't think ioi cares much about being obvious with adjustments, last week 360 had a wal mart deal and replenished stock. Know what you're talking about before opening your mouth in future psrock.

I did not open my mouth Seece, I typed it. I just think over do those deals because the Wii surprised us last Year. But, I truly believe the 360 is close the Wii this year in terms of sales. Now, since it's 2011, I won't be as rude as you, let me give you some news I saw. I was watching CNN and they said gaming is up 80% this holiday in the US. They were not specific to consoles or games, but I can't wait for NPD numbers.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

For people asking questions about prmotions this week.

Week 5 (Dec 19- Dec 24)

Information just coming in
Retailer
Console
Deal
BestBuy
Xbox 360
$349 Holiday Bundle with extra controller, play and charge kit, and 8 ft HDMI cable
Kmart
Nothing

Target
Xbox 360
$20 gift card with 4GB Kinect Bundle purchase
Walmart Wii
PS3
Final day of $75 gift card promotion was Dec 19th
Final day of $100 gift card promotion was Dec 19th
ToysRus PS3
Wii
Free Singstar Dance with 250GB PS3 Move bundle
$50 gift card with purchase of  White or Black Wii and Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympccs
Free charger and controller stand ($30 value) with purchase of 360

Have to add that PS3 and Wii were very depleted at Walmart on the 19th after 2 days of the special gift card promotion. Couldnt have done much to boost Wii and PS3 sales.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Sports Champions tops a million only in americas

Sports Champions performs better in  americas than Europe ?

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

Sports Champions tops a million only in americas

Sports Champions performs better in  americas than Europe ?

It's bundled in the US with the move hardware not in Europe

GO Wii!!! 1 Mill in US 1.7 WW!!!! How much did the Wi sell in the US this year