By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony CONFIDENT sales of PS3 to top 11 million by End of this fiscal year!!

@crazzyman

25 million by march 09 is optimistic..

but If FFXIII is released BY MARCH 09 the numbers will CROSS even that....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

Mines bigger then yours.

You don't understand. That 14.5 million we are talking about is the 11 million they are talking about here.

The 11 million you are talking about is a made up number that you are making up because you don't understand the facts. 14.5 million sold to retailers is their ONLY goal. To get 14.5 million to reatilers, they'll likely have to sell 12.5-13 million. I can't see them being able to stuff the channel harder.

He also has another goal that seems somewhat unatainable.

Hirai told the Yomiuri he would like to see Sony's game division "escape as soon as possible from the red and return to the black in fiscal year 2008."

Sounds like no pricecut in 2008. Which sucks. Japanese PS3's only $356 too. Why don't the europeons getting hosed about prices ever complain about that?

darthdevidem said:
@crazzyman

But as you can see, my optimistic prediction about ps3 in europe are right. And the realistic sales in usa + japan are also very close. =)

People UNDERSTIMATE power of PS3 and Power of Playstation BRAND.

@Kasz216, i don`t think, that sell more then 11 mln. ps3 by then end of march is possible. So, if they won`t SHIP(sell to retailers)  14,5 mln. Who cares? As long as they sell 11 mln. PS3 by the March 2008. IT IS MOST IMPORTANT THING. 

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

11 million LTD by March 2008 is not an official number. It's meaningless because it does not represent any official Sony goal. Anyone can pick some fantasy number out of thin air and say it's the goal, then claim victory.

CrazzyMan said:
darthdevidem said:
@crazzyman

But as you can see, my optimistic prediction about ps3 in europe are right. And the realistic sales in usa + japan are also very close. =)

People UNDERSTIMATE power of PS3 and Power of Playstation BRAND.

@Kasz216, i don`t think, that sell more then 11 mln. ps3 by then end of march is possible. So, if they won`t SHIP(sell to retailers) 14,5 mln. Who cares? As long as they sell 11 mln. PS3 by the March 2008. IT IS MOST IMPORTANT THING.

Not to sony. Because they want to sell 14.5 million by then... as is stated in their official financial reports. (Aka that 11 million number your taling about, they sold 3.5 mil last year.) If they were talking about sales to customers they wouldn't say sales. They would say "11 Million Sell-through." Furthermore, if they were talking about 11 million total they would say "11 million sell-through LTD".

@ FishyJoe )

It wouldn't be an official goal of Sony (aparantly .. well ,maybe they really corrected their expections to that being the "goal" for this fiscal year - happens all the time ,that companies adjust their expectations) , but it would be a quite good sign nonetheless - it's not easy to achieve for the PS3 anyway , but in my opinion at least their is a small chance to reach it.

One can argue whether an arbitrary waypoint is good or bad, but it's still a completely arbitrary number. If they were to sell only 9 million units by March 08, people could just as easily spin how great it is.

Anyone can make up phoney baloney numbers and spin them. But there is only one official number as stated by Sony.

Yeah, kazz is right. Sony first stated that they planned on selling 11million fiscal year, which ends march, and that in total they planned to have sold/shipped, you all knew what sony meant with sold, 14.5million LTD. They are a far cry from those initial estimates.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!