By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony CONFIDENT sales of PS3 to top 11 million by End of this fiscal year!!

OK... I re-read the link from yahoo and NOWHERE in that statement does it state that it's just for the Fiscal Year and is written that it sounds like they are referring to LTD numbers. Sounds realistic to me.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

Sorry, I misunderstood. But given you recognized that I had misread your post, surely you also recognized that I thought you were saying that the PS3 would sell eleven million consoles this FY? If you did understand this, why accuse me of bashing when its a perfectly reasonable comment?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

jjseth said:
OK... I re-read the link from yahoo and NOWHERE in that statement does it state that it's just for the Fiscal Year and is written that it sounds like they are referring to LTD numbers. Sounds realistic to me.

Wrong.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/07q2_eleki.pdf

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/07q2_eleki.pdf

There they claim that they will have sold almost 15million by the 31st of March 2008. So yes, they do claim they will sell 11 million PS3's this financial year.

Lol. Fishy beat me to it.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Sorry, I misunderstood. But given you recognized that I had misread your post, surely you also recognized that I thought you were saying that the PS3 would sell eleven million consoles this FY? If you did understand this, why accuse me of bashing when its a perfectly reasonable comment?

The bashing comment was directed at everyone who typically bashes the PS3 no matter what the news is.   It wasn't meant to be directed at you and just you.    And hey, everyone can misread things. ;)

Fishy, that's the not link that was posted in the original post and nowhere in that link did it state that it was for ONLY the fiscal year.  It also didn't say that it was LTD either, but the way it was written comes off as if they were referring to LTD and not FY only numbers.   11 million this FY is impossible,  LTD though, is highly probable.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Don't blame me for a poorly written article from Yahoo. And do you think that it's possible that the numbers from the yahoo link are revised numbers that they predict for LTD and not just FY only? That PDf was prepared at the end of October and just continue with numbers that were predicted early in the year.

Eh, you'll see things the way you want to see them.

Get your Portable ID!

i think it might when it comes to shipped but sold to customers are likely to be 500k - 1m below shipped.

i think it will make it ps3 now is in 9.5 mil, so it need 1mil more
150 k per week,it will make it in 7 weeks