By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disappearing Guys in Super Mario Galaxy

I have run into them a couple of times.  I think they are on the underside of whichever planet they are on.  You can see their footprints walking around and if you look away from them they appear.  Then if you move or look at them, they disappear.  Is there anything that you can do to them?  I have tried shooting them to no avail and tried stomping around them or sneaking up on them.  Nothing works.  Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

Spin attack works for me, they only give out star bits

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Try a shell or a coconut. They give a crapload of star bits.

just follow them, and when you are above then do a spin attack, they are basically bags full of star bits.

just spin attack. They usually give out 19 or 20 star bits depending on which galaxy your on.

Around the Network

ya i just try to trick them and run around them then into them. Then i just spin and kill.

Got it, tried the spin attack and it worked. I do not know why I did not try that before. I guess I thought there was some special thing with them or something. Oh well, thanks guys.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Your welcome! and they look really weird. light green aliens or something.

the easiest way is if you have a partner. Just sit there and wait for him to appear, then get your partner to hold him in place and walk up and whack him.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Oh wow, I forgot to figure that out.  I didn't think you could spin them since they were underground, but I should have realized that considering those big guys...oh well.