By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - New Super Mario Bros. Wii Hits 20 Million!!! Fastest game to do so!!

TWRoO said:

Actually the "Milestones" section on VGC works by combined weeks, so I was wrong (in real time Wii Fit took over 80 weeks to get to 20 million) That's why NSMB isn't on the list yet, as it released a little later in Japan

In fact it might manage it on that list in 57 weeks rather than 58... if the next two weeks of sales in Japan can bring it to 5.21 million in the region (currently 5.13) it will manage it in 57 weeks.

??? Wait what explain yourself.....................

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Only one million to catch up, then it will have outsold Modern Warfare 2 on 360 and PS3 combined. Somebody should go find the MW2 vs. NSMB Wii prediction thread.

EDIT: This is the best one I could find. Mostly holidays 2009 predictions, but there are a few regarding lifetimes sales as well.

Now the most interesting comparison is whether New Super Mario Bros Wii in Americas alone can outsell the worldwide sales of Modern Warfare 2.

It seems possible to me. Unlikely, but possible.

WOO! GO MARIO!!!!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=122077&page=1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

CLICK THERE

morenoingrato said:
TWRoO said:

Actually the "Milestones" section on VGC works by combined weeks, so I was wrong (in real time Wii Fit took over 80 weeks to get to 20 million) That's why NSMB isn't on the list yet, as it released a little later in Japan

In fact it might manage it on that list in 57 weeks rather than 58... if the next two weeks of sales in Japan can bring it to 5.21 million in the region (currently 5.13) it will manage it in 57 weeks.

Well there are two ways to look at it, one is from launch in real time, the other is to align the 3 region launches.

In the case of Wii Fit it launched in Japan months before in the West, so it took 82 weeks to pass 20 million from the Japan launch. If you align the launches though it managed it in 61 weeks.

NSMBs 20 million total currently represents 57 weeks for Americas and 58 weeks for EMEAA (due to latest American figures not being released yet rather than differing release dates) as well as 55 weeks for Japan.

The current total for Americas plus EMEAA at 57 weeks is: 10.22 plus 5.57 = 15.79 million

20 - 15.79 = 4.21 million

Japan at 55 weeks is 4.13 million [made a mistake in my last post saying it was 5.13], so if it can sell 80k in the next 2 weeks it will mean NSMB will be put on the "milestones" list for 20 million in 57 weeks.
(It will be close as it sold 28k in week 55 for Japan)

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
morenoingrato said:
TWRoO said:

Well there are two ways to look at it, one is from launch in real time, the other is to align the 3 region launches.

In the case of Wii Fit it launched in Japan months before in the West, so it took 82 weeks to pass 20 million from the Japan launch. If you align the launches though it managed it in 61 weeks.

NSMBs 20 million total currently represents 57 weeks for Americas and 58 weeks for EMEAA (due to latest American figures not being released yet rather than differing release dates) as well as 55 weeks for Japan.

The current total for Americas plus EMEAA at 57 weeks is: 10.22 plus 5.57 = 15.79 million

Japan at 55 weeks is 4.13 million, so if it can sell 80k in the next 2 weeks it will mean NSMB will be put on the "milestones" list for 20 million in 57 weeks.

oh..... but there's no human way it'll sell 80k in japan in 2 weeks, week 58 is more than sure though

morenoingrato said:
TWRoO said:
morenoingrato said:
TWRoO said:

Japan at 55 weeks is 4.13 million, so if it can sell 80k in the next 2 weeks it will mean NSMB will be put on the "milestones" list for 20 million in 57 weeks.

oh..... but there's no human way it'll sell 80k in japan in 2 weeks, week 58 is more than sure though

no human way? I don't think it will quite manage it, but it's going to be within 5k I think... it sold 28k in week 55, it should go up for week 56 AND week 57 because the Japanese celebrate the New Year more then Christmas.... it is certainly not outside the realms of possibility for it to sell 35k followed by 45k.

TWRoO said:
morenoingrato said:
TWRoO said:
morenoingrato said:
TWRoO said:

no human way? I don't think it will quite manage it, but it's going to be within 5k I think... it sold 28k in week 55, it should go up for week 56 AND week 57 because the Japanese celebrate the New Year more then Christmas.... it is certainly not outside the realms of possibility for it to sell 35k followed by 45k.

I retire my words :/

According to MC week 56:

16. / 16. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) {2009.12.03} - 45.344

New Mario Bros Wii is a beast !!! about 11.7 millions copies sold worldwide during 2010 (actually 10.4 minus "US & last week of december")

If in 2011 it sells about half of that (6.25), it will be at 28.50.

personnaly, I see it between 25 and 30 millions

dany612 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=122077&page=1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

CLICK THERE

Oh yeah you made a thread an hour later and you where aware my thread was up.... so???

Could any mod lock the other thread?