By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Finally going to try and platinum a game

lestatdark said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
lestatdark said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
lestatdark said:

Well, that seems like a bit of work to get the last 30% of the trophies.

I'm in a similar situation for GT5. I've got 70% of the trophies, but some of them will probably take hundreds of hours to get still, like reach A-Spec level 40, B-Spec Level 40 and win everything in gold.

Oh well, I've already got the platinum for Dante's Inferno. If anyone is looking for an easy platinum, DI is your pick.

Actually I'm already at 88% and two of the titles to get the last gold will actually cover the two bronze trophies that are left, I'm already halfway through the second most tedious task, which is get the bonus objectives on all the story battles which gives me two titles which will be all bonus objectives and replay all the story battles.  So from there it's just using each character 30 times and winning 50 ranked matches, not hard at all just will take some time.

How much time do you figure you'll need to use each character 30 times and winning 50 ranked matches?

If you want time consuming trophies, you should give GT5 a try Trying to reach level 40 in either A-Spec or B-Spec will take hundreds of hours in each mode. To hit level 35 A-Spec, it took over a month (I'm going to reach it in a couple of hours) and from there, the only viable exp farming event to get to level 40 is doing the Le Mans 24 hours race over and over again. You'll need 2 of those races to go from level 39 to level 40

For B-Spec is even worse, as global exp is cut in half, thus to get from level 39 to level 40 you need to do the 24 hours le mans race 4 times. 

And this is with golding every single event in the game, which leads to the hardest overall trophy in the game, the Gold Standard. Mainly because there's the Everest of GT5 events, the X1 challenge, which is almost impossible to gold, even with a wheel.

This is why you will not see me trying to platinum GT5 I'm not going to buy a racing wheel and despite liking racing games I don't find them as much fun as say a fighter like Brawl or UNS2, RPGs I like doing all the objectives in as well, so trophies are just like doing the stuff I would do even if there were no trophies to be had, like getting everything in FFVII including Aries' final limit break

I'm the same with RPG's. I'm doing it for Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, since i've already finished the game, but i'm not going to give it up until I get all the summons and all the rare weapon drops from the crossbones island enemies. And that's why my usual playthroughs in any RPG is at least double the recommended time to finish it xD.

I do the same for racing games, since it's my second favourite gaming genre I grew up with racing games, my first ones were Stunts 4D, Indy 500, Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix, when I was still very little. It's a genre that always keeps me coming back for more xD.

Racing games weren't a big deal when I was growing up, you had Super Mario Kart, F-zero or nothing, I had Mario Kart lol to this day it's still my preferred racing game and I'll generally beat each one to death. And I like racing sims, I used to play those arcade sims (forgot the names of the ones I played) and the PS1 sims I still have a copy of Gran Turismo... buuut you won't catch me dead playing those to 100% I just can't stand playing them that long.

Side Note: I just got those two titles for essentially beating the story again, now onto a couple of easy ones and then trudge through getting 50 wins and use each character 30 times, and the plat will be mine

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

I just recently platinumed two games of mine (Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed 2) and it felt great. At the end of it I felt that I justified my purchase of both games 100% and it's pretty cool. Although I don't play games solely for trophies alone, it's still nice to have a platinum under your belt to show your dedication etc to that game.

Congrats on going for the platinum and I wish you luck. Just don't turn into a devious trophy whore who rages on people for potentially screwing your chances up online at nabbing a trophy :P

Proud owner of the PSone original, PSone slim, PS2 slim, PS3 slim, PSP-3000.

37 PS3 games and counting.

vr6GOLFr32 said:

I just recently platinumed two games of mine (Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed 2) and it felt great. At the end of it I felt that I justified my purchase of both games 100% and it's pretty cool. Although I don't play games solely for trophies alone, it's still nice to have a platinum under your belt to show your dedication etc to that game.

Congrats on going for the platinum and I wish you luck. Just don't turn into a devious trophy whore who rages on people for potentially screwing your chances up online at nabbing a trophy :P

Funny as it might sound but I can only get the platinum on Naruto by losing at least 20 times online lol

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

vr6GOLFr32 said:

LOL The trophy whores exist on Home. They are everywhere, which is why I stay away. My speed is to beat a game and then move on,but if a game truly compels me to go for the platinum then thats that. 

MaxwellGT2000 said:
lestatdark said:

Well, that seems like a bit of work to get the last 30% of the trophies.

I'm in a similar situation for GT5. I've got 70% of the trophies, but some of them will probably take hundreds of hours to get still, like reach A-Spec level 40, B-Spec Level 40 and win everything in gold.

Oh well, I've already got the platinum for Dante's Inferno. If anyone is looking for an easy platinum, DI is your pick.

Actually I'm already at 88% and two of the titles to get the last gold will actually cover the two bronze trophies that are left, I'm already halfway through the second most tedious task, which is get the bonus objectives on all the story battles which gives me two titles which will be all bonus objectives and replay all the story battles.  So from there it's just using each character 30 times and winning 50 ranked matches, not hard at all just will take some time.

For the using the character 30 times. it will be a lot easier if you use the same character in free battle. You'll just have to do it 15 times. I  learned that the hard way because I have 3 characters left when I learned that .  

Around the Network

Singleplayer 100% complete there is not a single title I can get doing single player now, I'm at 70% of titles those 30% are encompassed by using each character and online (something I would do normally anyway) so I'll get these tedious character titles out of the way and will have my plat in no time.

patapon said:

DON'T DO IT!!! Everything else in life starts to feel insignificant... The only thing that will give you a feeling of pleasure is getting more platinums

I do not wish this fate upon you

It really depends on u if u enjoy a certain game why not plat it. If u like that much why should u stop playing if u get platinum.

Just finished up the character titles, it's all downhill from here, 50 online wins and 20 losses here I come

Congrats. :P

The only game I got Platinum on so far was Tekken 6. It was pretty easy, and it was a blast to get - lots of fun!

I was once a trophy addict... After that first platinum, that's all I played games for... and then I sold all of my games to by my best friend a present because of some rough times she was going through. It got me to stop... but it still took a pretty huge move (literally selling all of my discs, my dualshock leaving me with a sixaxis, my official SONY headset that came with socom, and cancelling my PS Move and Nav Controller pre-orders, literally everything except Disgaea3 and a crappy sixaxis since I couldn't get much for them). 

Though, i'm not even sure if I've really slowed down cause everything i've bought since has been over PSN.