By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Finally going to try and platinum a game

MaxwellGT2000 said:
lestatdark said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

God of War 3 was the easiest Platinum for me. A sign? Maybe it's time for you to buy the game Max :P

I just need to finish the game in Chaos to get the Platinum, but I found that GoW III at least has a difficulty challenge, both in the Chaos mode and the Arena gold trophy.

Dante's Inferno has none of that, and the arena like trophy can be done even in Casual difficulty, for a piss poor easy gold trophy. 

Really, when I saw that you can pull a 666-hit combo in a couple of minutes just by mashing O, it lost all meaning of challenge >_<

Yeah I already beat God of War III over at a friends house, same friend I beat UNS2 at lol I was thinking of just taking my save buuuut I don't think that unlocks the trophies for you does it? So I just started from square once again.

Since I beat GoW III I really have no interest in playing it again though, not for a platinum or anything, I'd be far more likely to go get the GoW I&II collection since they're much better games.

And yeah Dantes Inferno is really easy, I have even less interest in that game, I played a few levels from it, it was really meh, I only like doing the trophies on games I like since it extends the life, UNS2, 3D Dot Game Heroes (which I might finish up trophies for now that they patched a few things), and the Fallout series.

Yeah, transferring saves doesn't unlock you the trophies, unless you did it in your account at your friends house, synched them and then started with the transferred save in your account at your house.

I'm enjoying Dante's Inferno, but only because of the depiction of the Inferno. Other than the Circle of Greed, every other circle seems to be in line with the descriptions from the book itself. I'm currently in Fraud, so I'm just one circle away from finishing it. To platinum it, i'll only have to finish the game again, this time Punishing everything in sight.

I'll have to try 3D Dot Game Heroes again. I left it at the Volcano temple last time I played it. What did the patch do to the game?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
lestatdark said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

God of War 3 was the easiest Platinum for me. A sign? Maybe it's time for you to buy the game Max :P

I just need to finish the game in Chaos to get the Platinum, but I found that GoW III at least has a difficulty challenge, both in the Chaos mode and the Arena gold trophy.

Dante's Inferno has none of that, and the arena like trophy can be done even in Casual difficulty, for a piss poor easy gold trophy. 

Really, when I saw that you can pull a 666-hit combo in a couple of minutes just by mashing O, it lost all meaning of challenge >_<

Yeah I already beat God of War III over at a friends house, same friend I beat UNS2 at lol I was thinking of just taking my save buuuut I don't think that unlocks the trophies for you does it? So I just started from square once again.

Since I beat GoW III I really have no interest in playing it again though, not for a platinum or anything, I'd be far more likely to go get the GoW I&II collection since they're much better games.

And yeah Dantes Inferno is really easy, I have even less interest in that game, I played a few levels from it, it was really meh, I only like doing the trophies on games I like since it extends the life, UNS2, 3D Dot Game Heroes (which I might finish up trophies for now that they patched a few things), and the Fallout series.

Yeah, transferring saves doesn't unlock you the trophies, unless you did it in your account at your friends house, synched them and then started with the transferred save in your account at your house.

I'm enjoying Dante's Inferno, but only because of the depiction of the Inferno. Other than the Circle of Greed, every other circle seems to be in line with the descriptions from the book itself. I'm currently in Fraud, so I'm just one circle away from finishing it. To platinum it, i'll only have to finish the game again, this time Punishing everything in sight.

I'll have to try 3D Dot Game Heroes again. I left it at the Volcano temple last time I played it. What did the patch do to the game?

Basically any swords you unlocked via white blocks now transfer to a new save which means its easier to get all swords and not complete BS like it was before

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:

Just got my copy of Naruto UNS2, I love this series, and since it doesn't have some absurd online trophies like Chronicles of Riddick or some time consuming ones like Red Dead I'm going to actually platinum this title.  Beat it 2 times already at my friends house, so story mode should be a breeze from there it's just collecting Ryo, points, and the collectathons.

Go for GT5 after this one!

oniyide said:

I dont know about these guys but my only plat is Uncharted 2 and thats because I love the game so damn much!!! I have no desire to get plats for the hell of it dont have the time for it. right now im working on MOH frontline HD plat because that is one of my fav FPSs. 

and to the guy that Plated FF13, good lord, I dont even wanna FINISH that game its so boring but you plated??? bravo sir

I platted FF13. I would do it again as that game is awesome.

I only plat games that I enjoy.  That said I am sitting at 3 currently:

Demon Souls (Have beaten it once after the plat for good measure)

Final Fantasy XIII- I enjoyed the game from top to bottom, but getting the platinum was by far the best part.

DragonAge- The platinum required 3 full playthroughs on the three different classes.  I was going to do this anyway.

I want the Atelier Rorona Platinum but it will be a good while until that happens.

Around the Network

@wagram  I didnt care for it but to each his own.

UPDATE:I got the MW2 platinum today.

And yeah,spec ops missions were the only hard part of it

My platinums are

God Of War 3

God Of War 1

God Of War 2

Tekken 6

Dead Space

InFamous

Black Ops

:D

Good luck fam

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M

I try to platinum out every game I have,so call me a trophy whore.(hold head down in shame)

End of 2016 prediction

PS4:43M-46M

XBONE:28M-33M