By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii...need help with games.

Ok, so a couple days ago my family bought a Wii for around the house.  While I will probably move out before I have a chance to finish all of the current games I want to get for it (not to mention my PS3 list), as much as I love it, I'll probably be buying one once I move out.

So I haven't had a Nintendo console since the N64, and I'm a little newby in regards to the games that would be good.  I also had no clue it could play Gamecube games until I got it, which is also very appealing to me.

So the current list of games that I want is:

Gamecube:

Super Mario Sunshine

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Nintendo Wii:

Donkey Kong Country Returns (Already Own It)

Mario Kart Wii (Edit, it said 64 before...woops :) ) (Already Own It)

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Super Paper Mario

Wario Land: Shake It

New Super Mario Bros

Epic Mickey

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Zelda: Twilight Princess

This list will probably last me a LONG time, but based off of it, I'm sure you guys can tell the kind of games I am aiming for, and perhaps give me some even better games.

It'd also be greatly appreciated if you could let your thoughts be known on why you may really dislike some of the games on my list so I can know whether they would actually appeal to me or not.

Thanks!

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

Get Super Smash Bros. Brawl! Best game eva!!!

-PaNdOrA- said:

Is there much of a single player for those kinda games though...like unlocking new stuff and whatnot?

Eternal Darkness for Gamecube is a must have!

Metroid: Other M, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Sonic Colours and perhaps A Boy and his Blob and De Blob may be worth checking out as well.

forest-spirit said:

Eternal Darkness for Gamecube is a must have!

Metroid: Other M, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Sonic Colours and perhaps A Boy and his Blob and De Blob may be worth checking out as well.

Oh, I forgot about Sonic games!

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:
-PaNdOrA- said:

Is there much of a single player for those kinda games though...like unlocking new stuff and whatnot?

Oh yes! Definitely! Plus there is online, which isn't the greatest, but whatever. Under one options is something called "challenges". Basically, it tells you what you need to do in order to unlock something, and there are hundreds to do! (probably less than 200 actually lol) lots of stages, characters, trophies, stickers, music to unlock!

I like Bacon said:
Baalzamon said:
-PaNdOrA- said:

Oh yes! Definitely! Plus there is online, which isn't the greatest, but whatever. Under one options is something called "challenges". Basically, it tells you what you need to do in order to unlock something, and there are hundreds to do! (probably less than 200 actually lol) lots of stages, characters, trophies, stickers, music to unlock!

Ohhhh, I need to ask based on your avatar...has there been a star fox recently?  Edit: I see there was Star Fox: Assault for Gamecube...is it any good?  Edit...and Star Fox Adventures...I'm almost crying there are such amazing Nintendo games!

I like Bacon said:
Baalzamon said:
-PaNdOrA- said:

Pretty much all this.

I've had it since 2008 and I still haven't unlocked everything O.O

Based on your library, you seem to really like RPGs, correct?  In that case, I'd strongly recommend two Gamecube titles:  Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos Origins. 

For Wii, if you haven't played all the old Mario games, the Anniversary game (exact title eludes me) would actually be perfect for you: alternatively, buy individual titles off the VC.  Speaking of the VC...

Based on your library, you seem to really like RPGs, correct?  In that case, I'd strongly recommend two Gamecube titles:  Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos Origins. 

For Wii, if you haven't played all the old Mario games, the Anniversary game (exact title eludes me) would actually be perfect for you: alternatively, buy individual titles off the VC.  Speaking of the VC...