By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyward Sword vs. Twilight Princess (copies sold)

damkira said:

Skyward Sword won't outsell Twilight Princess.. because TP came out as a launch title for the Wii and Skyward Sword is coming toward the ending of its life cycle.

That actually might benefit SWS more as the userbase is already there to sell to as well as many other people.

Around the Network

I'd say so. If they advertise it like their pst major releases then the difficulty/branding won't detter casuals, but the "core"following will get it no doubt, as well as make people who moved to the PS360 get one, hence causing a surge in console sales as well.

Overall I see Week 1 around 700k WW, First 10 weeks 4 mil, Year 1, 7 mil, and LT around 10-12million. So I see it doing quite well!

(ps. This is assuming that it's released in September)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

with the Wii it all comes down to marketing, the game will Sell 3 million based off of name brand alone, if it is 9.5 quality or higher it will sell 5 million for sure... after that it will be up to whether or not Nintendo can brand it as an IT game. I think it is 9.5 quality and Nintendo is fairly succeful in introducing it to the new Wii audience.

It releases in mid october, and sell 4.5 to 5 million by Jan 1, 2012. It then will continue to sell well until the Wii gets replaced.... I think it become the best selling Zelda game ever at 8.7 million.

Zelda has never had a 90 million (by late 2011) to sell on TP was a launch title that kinda was lost in the shuffle in the initial WiiSports craze.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

toastboy44562 said:

twilight princess easily...nobody (other than a few people) wants the graphics in SS. they should just restart it IMO and make it a true zelda game (Ocarina of time-majoras mask-twilight princess).

This is a true Zelda game. Graphics doesn't have to do anything with be or not a Zelda game. At least Nintendo try to do with other style instead of just recycling the same.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I see it between 6 to 7 million

Around the Network

I think it all depends on the reviews.  If the new Zelda gets Mario Galaxy 2 kind of reviews and great word of mouth then I think that it can sell on comparable levels to DKCR and SMG2.  Wii owners will be hungry for a new top-quality Nintendo game. 

Lets just hope this game doesn't get the kind of reception that Metroid: Other M did.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D