By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story Press Conference Thread (It Starts At 12:00 AM)

psrock said:

I bet you people right now if SE annouce FF15 to the Wii, all of you would be singing a different song.

Don't care about FF after Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers and the "good" FFXIII user reception.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
psrock said:

I bet you people right now if SE annouce FF15 to the Wii, all of you would be singing a different song.

No, remakes of VII, VIII, and IX on the Wii would do that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Jumpin said:
Rob-Ot said:
Jumpin said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Jumpin said:

This is what Final Fantasy 13 would have been, had Sakaguchi not left Square.

His track record since leaving square hasnt been great so i beg to differ ^^

This is his first major project since leaving Square.

It also looks way better than FF13 turned out to be. FF13 severely damaged the Final Fantasy brand, but with the way Last Story has turned out, it looks like a worthy successor; I would say a good spiritual successor to the series up until FF10, the last FF game he worked on.

The Last Story looks nothing like FF10. If anything FF13 is the spiritual successor to that mediocre game.

Kind of arrogant calling it mediocre when FF10 is one of the most critically and commercially successful RPGs of all time. It was the last Final Fantasy game that Sakaguchi worked on; that's why I draw the mark there.

Arrogant? Even FFXIII is critically successful and extremely successful commercially. FF12 is critically successful too, that doesn't stop me from calling them out. I even call out Call Of Duty.

FFX made many mistakes that were repeated in FFXIII (Linearity, 2 dimensional characters, terrible dialogue and the list goes on). Sakaguchi's involvement in FFX was actually quite limited. FFX's positive reception encouraged Toriyama and Kitase to make FFXIII in the form it was released in, thinking they could get away with mediocrity for a second time. Thankfully this time fans realized how mediocre the game really was. So yes I hold FFX fully responsible for how FFXIII turned out because all the mistakes FFX made were just made again in FFXIII on a bigger level. Now however I would hope Kitase & Toriyama got the message.

psrock said:
Jumpin said:
jarrod said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Jumpin said:

I'd counter that Square's track record since he left has been far worse. :P

Also, Galaxy 1/2 destroy GOW2.  The gorgeous lighting and pixel effects, the texture work, perfect modeling, rock solid 60 fps... GOW2 has great art and epic scale, but technically it doesn't even come close.

There are plenty of Wii games I'd say rank beyond PS2's best technically (Galaxy 1-2, Prime 3, MH3, Xenoblade, and now TLS).  None of those games could be done on PS2 without some major concessions.  Hell, even some GC games (Star Fox Adventures) couldn't be done on PS2 as is.  Hell, it almost choked on RE4.

Good point, the Square of FFX and before was much stronger than the Square of FF12 and later. Square has really been a shadow of its past glory and respect since Sakaguchi left. So much that it looks very probable that Dragon Quest will surpass Final Fantasy as Square Enix's overall leading franchise commercially.

Square Enix makes Dagron Quest, so why would they care?

Errr, you really missed the point.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Pavolink said:
psrock said:

Don't care about FF after Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers and the "good" FFXIII user reception.

Yeah right. You would rather have The Last Story than FF15, sure i believe you.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Pavolink said:
psrock said:

Would I rather have a game made by one of the best JRPG game makers or a game made by incompetent people at a once great company.

This is such a difficult decision.

Jumpin said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Jumpin said:

This is his first major project since leaving Square.

It also looks way better than FF13 turned out to be. FF13 severely damaged the Final Fantasy brand, but with the way Last Story has turned out, it looks like a worthy successor; I would say a good spiritual successor to the series up until FF10, the last FF game he worked on.

Can i point out that no one has played the last story yet ^^ can people please wait until the game comes out before judging it :P

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

psrock said:
Pavolink said:
psrock said:

I like more games where Nintendo is involve. So, I have more confident with The Last Story and Xenoblade than any FF game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

jarrod said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Jumpin said:

I'd counter that Square's track record since he left has been far worse. :P

Also, Galaxy 1/2 destroy GOW2.  The gorgeous lighting and pixel effects, the texture work, perfect modeling, rock solid 60 fps... GOW2 has great art and epic scale, but technically it doesn't even come close.

There are plenty of Wii games I'd say rank beyond PS2's best technically (Galaxy 1-2, Prime 3, MH3, Xenoblade, and now TLS).  None of those games could be done on PS2 without some major concessions.  Hell, even some GC games (Star Fox Adventures) couldn't be done on PS2 as is.  Hell, it almost choked on RE4.

For the 3rd time now its my opinion >_> i thought galaxy looked terrible compared to alot of ps2 games once again that is my opinion so can you anyone who disagrees please keep it to themselves XD

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

psrock said:
Pavolink said:
psrock said:

I would kill to see what there thinking of doing for ff15!