By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Never played a Zelda game. What can I expect from Twilight Princess?

As of now, I know nothing about the game. I read somewhere that it's a game similar to sotc but much longer. I think that sounds like the greatest game ever made considering I loved every minute of SOTC but I thought it was too short. I hear there's some puzzles involved which sounds great. It sounds the perfect game for me! 

So what can I expect from this game?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

A lot more than just some puzzles, there are a lot of them. You have to expect a slow start in this Zelda game, things don't really pick up until about two (maybe even three) hours into the game when you finally get to use a real sword.

Don't expect the boss battles to be similar to the ones in SotC. Some bosses may be huge in Twilight Princess, but they don't take 20-30 minutes to take down. You'll get to fight plenty of regular enemies in TP though, so there's quite a lot of combat to do. There are lots of secrets to discover and some fun minigames.

Puzzles! Awesome! Sounds like my type of game. 

How long is it? And should I get the Wii version or the gamecube version?

I'm warning you right now, when you get to a desert type temple and you enter a room that makes you slow and has platforms over sand, change to wolf and use the scent. This would have saved me 2 hours of game time.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

Thanks for the advice guys

I would say it's closer to ratchet and clank then sotc for game structure. (It definitely has the atmosphere of sotc) Less enemies and more puzzles in zelda (no guns obviously). In both the world slowly opens up so you can reach the next dungeon/planet.

If you liked flying around and exploring the little planets in crack in time you'll also like zelda windwaker. Big ocean overworld with lots of little islands to explore.

If you like zelda don't forget to pick up Okami, awesome zelda like game that outdoes zelda in certain areas. (Although be warned it has an even slower start then zelda, but it's worth it)

Around the Network

The Wii version supports 480p resolution while the GameCube version only supports 480i resolution, if you have a TV that can support 480p or higher, and component cables instead of composite cables.

The Wii version has widescreen and the GC version doesn't, so your items and health can be way out of the way of the actual playfield.

The Wii's IR controls for the bow, slingshot, boomerang, and hookshot are far superior than aiming with an analog stick on a GC controller.  You can do it much faster by pointing, which is really helpful for a couple fights.

The Wii's tilting controls for fishing, flying, snowboarding, and the RollGoal minigame are far superior than using an analog stick on a GC controller.

I'd say go with the Wii version, unless, as Rol said, you might just be a button type of guy.

But I preferred the motion controls for combat as well 'cuz you can use one hand for the sword and one hand for the shield, and I can't stand having my hands glued together anymore, unless I'm using a giant battle axe or something.

Gameplay-wise, you can expect a slow introduction followed by tons of exploring, tons of combat, tons of puzzles, tons of minigames, tons of secrets, and tons of ghosts.

You should expect greatness. If you enjoy puzzles, combat, and fantasy. Its Zelda after all, its one of the greatest franchises ever. Twilight Princess isn't as great as Ocarina of Time or The Wind Waker but you should have a great time.

expect epicness!!

Awesomeness to the max.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

If you loved SotC, I am 100% certain you will adore Twilight Princess