By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Have you ever raced with someone on GT5 that you couldn't beat?

there are a few people in Uncharted 2 That if I see on the other side, I know who I'm gunning for and if they are with me, I know who I'm teaming up with.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:

You all know I'm a huge fan of GT and though I'm no expert, I still consider myself quite good at the game, as I do get consistently good laptimes and around my circle of friends, no one can beat me.

There is one guy online though that I just can't seem to get close to. Back in GT5 Prologue, I was racing online every day. I was winning almost all the races I participated in (mostly random) until one day, I met this guy using a much slower car than I was. He whipped me all over the place. I challenged him for more races after that, and every single time, despite him deliberately using a slower car, I lost. I could never beat this guy no matter what I did. One time, he even let himself get behind by like 15 seconds, then he overtook me on the last lap. I couldn't understand what he was doing.

From that day on, we raced every day and still, I could find no way to beat him. I asked him what he did for a living, and he said it was a secret. He also said that he always raced online with random people before and I was the first person he actually added as a friend to race with daily. Later on, I stopped Prologue altogether and forgot all about it. He still hasn't shown himself in GT5.. maybe he hasn't bought the game yet.

But man, that guy is fast. I think he's a professional race car driver or something (won't tell you his PSN name coz he might be a private person).

Have you ever met someone you couldn't beat?

heh, that was me, of course :D

Nah, not really :D  But you know, maybe he was driving with better driving options? Traction control makes your car take curves slower, for instance.