By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Have you ever raced with someone on GT5 that you couldn't beat?

You all know I'm a huge fan of GT and though I'm no expert, I still consider myself quite good at the game, as I do get consistently good laptimes and around my circle of friends, no one can beat me.

There is one guy online though that I just can't seem to get close to. Back in GT5 Prologue, I was racing online every day. I was winning almost all the races I participated in (mostly random) until one day, I met this guy using a much slower car than I was. He whipped me all over the place. I challenged him for more races after that, and every single time, despite him deliberately using a slower car, I lost. I could never beat this guy no matter what I did. One time, he even let himself get behind by like 15 seconds, then he overtook me on the last lap. I couldn't understand what he was doing.

From that day on, we raced every day and still, I could find no way to beat him. I asked him what he did for a living, and he said it was a secret. He also said that he always raced online with random people before and I was the first person he actually added as a friend to race with daily. Later on, I stopped Prologue altogether and forgot all about it. He still hasn't shown himself in GT5.. maybe he hasn't bought the game yet.

But man, that guy is fast. I think he's a professional race car driver or something (won't tell you his PSN name coz he might be a private person).

Have you ever met someone you couldn't beat?

Around the Network

you should challenge letsdark(or something like that) hes on vgc and he already golded the x1 challange. you can learn a lot from him.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:

you should challenge letsdark(or something like that) hes on vgc and he already golded the x1 challange. you can learn a lot from him.

erm, that wasn't my point.

i'm just sharing that there was this guy i raced with that was just so damn good and i couldn't touch him in any kind of race. it's not that i don't know how to race and i need someone to teach me. i'm pretty good myself. it's just that that guy was just amazing.

bugrimmar said:
zgamer5 said:

erm, that wasn't my point.

i'm just sharing that there was this guy i raced with that was just so damn good and i couldn't touch him in any kind of race. it's not that i don't know how to race and i need someone to teach me. i'm pretty good myself. it's just that that guy was just amazing.

i know, im just saying that you could find another person which you cant beat.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

You should tried Iracing some time. There are a lot of people I can't beat in Iracing.  It's possible this person races on Iracing. GT5 really is not a match when it comes to online racing when compared to Iracing.

Around the Network
Smidlee said:

You should tried Iracing some time. There are a lot of people I can't beat in Iracing.  It's possible this person races on Iracing. GT5 really is not a match when it comes to online racing when compared to Iracing.

This is quite true, though I wouldn't put this phenomenon only on iRacing. GP2 or GPL online championships are also pretty darn tough, not only for the difficulty of both simulators, but also because there are some pretty good drivers there.

Me and my father participated on http://www.f1mania.net/gp2/index.html for some years, and while we managed to win some seasons, most of the times the competition was too tough for us. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Click on our website:
http://www.etradinglife.com

T "Christmas KuangHuanYe, happy at Christmas" preferential, my friend! ! Christmas is coming, quick to our website shopping, our web site shopping there will be something different, unexpected things to you, let you have different sense, our website wholesale various fashion shoes, such as Nike, Jordan, prada, also includes the jeans, shirt, bags, hats and decoration. All these products are our free transport, prices are competitive, we can also accept paypal j, after the payment within short time, can ship.

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

SOCCER JERSEY 16US

jordan shoes $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

I have yet to try the online racing in GT5 yet. I wanted to wait until I got a racing wheel, but i might just give it a try without one. I tried the first time trial of the GT Challenge thing and I ended up ranking at 1,042 or something, so hopefully my driving is good enough to win some online races.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

bugrimmar said:

You all know I'm a huge fan of GT and though I'm no expert, I still consider myself quite good at the game, as I do get consistently good laptimes and around my circle of friends, no one can beat me.

There is one guy online though that I just can't seem to get close to. Back in GT5 Prologue, I was racing online every day. I was winning almost all the races I participated in (mostly random) until one day, I met this guy using a much slower car than I was. He whipped me all over the place. I challenged him for more races after that, and every single time, despite him deliberately using a slower car, I lost. I could never beat this guy no matter what I did. One time, he even let himself get behind by like 15 seconds, then he overtook me on the last lap. I couldn't understand what he was doing.

From that day on, we raced every day and still, I could find no way to beat him. I asked him what he did for a living, and he said it was a secret. He also said that he always raced online with random people before and I was the first person he actually added as a friend to race with daily. Later on, I stopped Prologue altogether and forgot all about it. He still hasn't shown himself in GT5.. maybe he hasn't bought the game yet.

But man, that guy is fast. I think he's a professional race car driver or something (won't tell you his PSN name coz he might be a private person).

It's a fairly safe bet that the guy was either a pro/am racer or if not, maybe a pro gamer.

I'm assuming you play with a decent wheel controller like a Logitec G25 or 27?

greenmedic88 said:
bugrimmar said:

It's a fairly safe bet that the guy was either a pro/am racer or if not, maybe a pro gamer.

I'm assuming you play with a decent wheel controller like a Logitec G25 or 27?

27 :)

i'd be crazy not to have one, considering how much time i spend with the game. i'll buy the new thrustmaster when it makes its debut over here.