By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hirai: PSN to enter black in 2011 fiscal year (i.e. from March)

Bandwidth must be outrageos. I D/L all demos etc every week which is like 5 Gbs haha. I have PS so I don't feel too bad. Thanks Sony

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network
Iveyboi said:

Bandwidth must be outrageos. I D/L all demos etc every week which is like 5 Gbs haha. I have PS so I don't feel too bad. Thanks Sony

I read publishers have to cover the cost of bandwidth after a few months. So that helps keep the cost for Sony down. I would hope they took that burden off publishers though now that they offer PSN Plus.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

nightsurge said:
Silver-Tiger said:

So Sony could have already gotten a lot of money from PSN if they didn't extend it to Qore, Music and Video Store, and the other services. And when Sony says they make money in the next fiscal year already it means that even if they extend the service further (Since they will of course), they make a profit.

That shows that a good supported service like PSN can make a profit without mandatory monthly fees, and that even when they constantly upgrade it.

But it still doesn't offer all the services of Live and it has many ad services within Home and the PS Plus subscription now.

It also took them how many years to finally achieve this profitability from their free service?

If anything it seems to show the contrary... that in order to run a profitable, successful service you have to have subscription and ad income.

but home was only released 2 years ago, and has only now gotten as big as it is, and plus started when june-sept?

and all what features xbl have over psn??