By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Three Consoles and A Handheld Over 1 Million Next Week ? ( Wii, DS, PS360 )

Will we see four consoles over the 1 Million mark next week. Wii and DS will do it easy. The 360 is going to be around the 1.1 - 1.2 mark. And the PS3 will be slightly over the one million mark. Next week is the biggest shopping week of the year !!! I don't see any declines in any regions for any of these systems.

Edit : Their are some deals going on for the PS3. It still has one more day worth of giftcard deals with Wal - Mart for next weeks data. Gamestop is having some sort of deal with the PS3.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

I dont think the PS3 will be able but apart from that I agree

it surely will be next week

DP

I don't think Ps3 will make it. It'd be awesome if it did though.

Around the Network

i dont think the ps3 will make it but apart from that i agree

Pretty much what the people above are saying, there is a slim chance that PS3 will be able to crawl it's way over the 1M line, unless America gets a boost of about ~100k on this weeks numbers, which is a bit hard to call, as when the deal runs(The 100$ walmart deal) people rush like crazy and the main sales come from the first 24 hours, all comes down to whether alot of people in the US were waiting for this deal or not, hard to call. I don't think Japan will do much wonders either and will only increase a little bit if not even decrease, the EMEAA should go up in region of ~20-50k, so it's all down to Americas to make up the gap.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

I don't think so, I am not even sure the Xbox 360 will reach 1m, it had a discount at Walmart this week and previously this kind of deals was followed by a decline for Xbox...sure, EMEEA could help it, but we have to wait.

Will Wii reach 2m? This is the hardest question IMHO...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

I think the Wii, DS and 360 will.  I would like the PS3 to do it as well, but it isn't likely

I actually think we will see a 25% decline. Saturaday is Cmas... and Saturday is the biggest shopping day of any given week. Usually the week OF Cmas is a 40-50% decline... but due to the fact Cmas is so late in the week I think the Wii and DS will still be over 1 million with the 360 coming in a 750 to 800k

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut