By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - World Wide Up 360 over 1million!

fighter said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
extagénesis said:
Forza Motorsport 3 (X360)
Microsoft
60 180,246 2,376,645
Madden NFL 11 (X360)
Electronic Arts
19 177,564 1,824,102
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
4 172,393

Sorry for you GT5! Forza in his 60th week make's your debut nothing important...

MS must have no faith in the Forza franchise. Can't go one Xmas without bundling the hell out of it.

In this case I think the bundling is out of fate. MS is building a large userbase around this franchise, probably losing money, but for a bigger purpose. Masses are usually slow to realize which is the better product and now that GT5 is out and reviewed the miracle might finally happen (not now though but with Forza 4 (and if FM4 is as brilliant as FM3)).

Forza still has a way to go before it can touch the sales of previous games in the GT series sales-wise. But does it really matter? Both games are great.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:

Juma, just a correction, Mass Effect is NOT more popular than God of War or Uncharted (and since we're talking about 360 appeal, PC sales wouldn't count). Fable isn't either. Only Halo and Gears count.

I'd say, the sole driver is XBL, honestly. Halo and to an extent Gears, coupled with the overall library and more recently Kinect, are further X360 pushers.

But why it sells more than PS3, it's a dead horse, but just to end it already:

- Headstart, and cheaper price.

- Sony tarnished their overall brand in the US, and really bad.

You might be totally right, but all I can tell you is what I see, in my school, my soccer teammates  and at my local gamers hangout places, PS3 is waaaay behind I would say that merely 3 out of 10 people I know have a PS3  , and those already have a 360, look I'm a Nintendo Fanboy so It's not like I want to talk bad about  either one, I just call it like I see it and regarding fdranchises I do believe that 360 has better known franchises and more attractive series in the overall package, Online is a big deal in todays gaming, Halo and Gears are killers in that dept. even in call of duty games you can see 360 copies sell more, thats because right now the 360 is more popular.

fighter said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
extagénesis said:
Forza Motorsport 3 (X360)
Microsoft
60 180,246 2,376,645
Madden NFL 11 (X360)
Electronic Arts
19 177,564 1,824,102
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
4 172,393

Sorry for you GT5! Forza in his 60th week make's your debut nothing important...

MS must have no faith in the Forza franchise. Can't go one Xmas without bundling the hell out of it.

In this case I think the bundling is out of fate. MS is building a large userbase around this franchise, probably losing money, but for a bigger purpose. Masses are usually slow to realize which is the better product and now that GT5 is out and reviewed the miracle might finally happen (not now though but with Forza 4 (and if FM4 is as brilliant as FM3)).

Then MS is bundling in the wrong places. Racing games are not popular in America, they are not. Forza has always had great score, has always been good, it just will never be as popular as GT, let it go people.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Juma009 said:
huaxiong90 said:

Juma, just a correction, Mass Effect is NOT more popular than God of War or Uncharted (and since we're talking about 360 appeal, PC sales wouldn't count). Fable isn't either. Only Halo and Gears count.

I'd say, the sole driver is XBL, honestly. Halo and to an extent Gears, coupled with the overall library and more recently Kinect, are further X360 pushers.

But why it sells more than PS3, it's a dead horse, but just to end it already:

- Headstart, and cheaper price.

- Sony tarnished their overall brand in the US, and really bad.

You might be totally right, but all I can tell you is what I see, in my school, my soccer teammates  and at my local gamers hangout places, PS3 is waaaay behind I would say that merely 3 out of 10 people I know have a PS3  , and those already have a 360, look I'm a Nintendo Fanboy so It's not like I want to talk bad about  either one, I just call it like I see it and regarding fdranchises I do believe that 360 has better known franchises and more attractive series in the overall package, Online is a big deal in todays gaming, Halo and Gears are killers in that dept. even in call of duty games you can see 360 copies sell more, thats because right now the 360 is more popular.

Oh I understand what you're saying, and I'm not implying that you have ill intent with your comments, but I was just giving minor corrections to your original comment.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Most people don't buy a console because of the specs??? You are kidding me?? Maybe other consoles than the 360 they don't but the xbox is the king of the teenage bedroom nerds that got it for two reasons, they thought it was the best looking graphics system and 2 so they can nerd out on XBL without having to leave their bedrooms. I bet a breakdown of 360 sales will see 30 million of those 40 odd million sales are stuck in a bedroom next to nerdy vampire books, the other 10 million will be collecting dust under the TV

EDIT: This post has been moderated. -d1

Around the Network
optoma1990 said:

Most people don't buy a console because of the specs??? You are kidding me?? Maybe other consoles than the 360 they don't but the xbox is the king of the teenage bedroom nerds that got it for two reasons, they thought it was the best looking graphics system and 2 so they can nerd out on XBL without having to leave their bedrooms. I bet a breakdown of 360 sales will see 30 million of those 40 odd million sales are stuck in a bedroom next to nerdy vampire books, the other 10 million will be collecting dust under the TV

You don't make any sense, some people buy console cause of specs yeah, but most people don't. PS3 > 360 in graphic deparment so your argument is m00t. And teenage nerds probably have more Wii players than 360, hell maybe even PS3s. The Xbox 360 buyers (other than core gamers) are noicy pre teen boys, who play games which they shouldn't be playing cause they are too young and yell on the mic when they suck at it.

Wii and PS2 are perfect examples of that people don't buy consoles for specs, graphic nerds should be playing PC anyway. PC games from 2007 look better than GoW 3 on a real machine.

optoma1990 said:

your just the little troll to the 360 arent you

One you are re-feeding the person that you were told not to. Second you know the Wii is the weakest of all 3 systems don't you? Yet clearly outselling the competition. The DS's are also not as powerful as the PSP. Also a lot of multi plats also seem to somehow perform better on the 360 then the ps3 so their is really no definitive term of the more powerful console.

Both Consoles have their strengths both have their weakness (hd twins I am talking about.)

Quit trolling the 360 it is getting REAL old.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

huaxiong90 said:
heruamon said:

It will be interesting to see who's "Year" 2011 will be?

I can answer that question: Gamers.

That would be outstanding!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

w00t I just noticed that 360 needs to sell just 1 million till it's total sales hit 50 million units

um what happened to the sales, 360 were at 49 mill now they are at 48.3 million... were they adjusted down, ps3 seems to have also been adjusted down... surely the front page is lying???

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752