By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - World Wide Up 360 over 1million!

Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

Still doesn't make sense. PS3 is up in Americas 30k yoy.

GT5 obviously hasn't been as impactful in Americas as much as the price cut/slim.

I don't see it beating last Dec's NPD either, at this rate it'll surpass it by a few 100'k

GT5 was never suppose to have the impact you speak of in America. I am agreeing with you. I think the PS3 is having its best holidays in Europe while down in US, but Americas is a different story. Funny thing, GT5 is or about to finish first shipment in both Japan and NA, do people still believe there is so many left in Europe?

To me

Europe = PS3 way up

US= DOWN

NA= close

Japan = down

I'm not pointing out the bold for the sake of it, I'm saying what is the reason PS3 is UP 30k YoY in Americas? GT5 vs Price cut/Slim?

I think  the supply issue the 360 is having is helping the PS3. It's really hard to get a 360 where I live, but I can find a PS3 easily. I actually think the 360 is overtrack, not because of sales, because MS did not expect such demand. I am actually getting emails from GAMESTOP to tell how they have 360 on stock now, hurry up.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Jay520 said:

Am I the only one upset about these adjustments?

It's nothing really. Only around 100,000 right ?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

FireBringer said:
Nsanity said:

So this week:

GT5 over 4 million

Halo Reach over 7 million

Forza 3 over 4 million

Michael Jackson The Experience over 1 million

To bad they are giving away Forza 3 for free, so its 4 million means squat. That is a highly bundled game. And they don't make money for that. Microsoft knows they only sold a couple million and are okay with that. This boosts sales, so they can say it's as popular as GT5, and also they can inflate sales making you think it's more popular. Bundled games suck. They cannot even give away Forza 3 to keep pace with GT5. Sad.

Your a really sad sad person.  You do realize that the GT series has been bundled to hell and back right?  But guess what, who gives a shit.  It pads some numbers and I am happy it does so, for both games.  Because they both rock.  

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

GT5 obviously hasn't been as impactful in Americas as much as the price cut/slim.

I don't see it beating last Dec's NPD either, at this rate it'll surpass it by a few 100'k

GT5 was never suppose to have the impact you speak of in America. I am agreeing with you. I think the PS3 is having its best holidays in Europe while down in US, but Americas is a different story. Funny thing, GT5 is or about to finish first shipment in both Japan and NA, do people still believe there is so many left in Europe?

To me

Europe = PS3 way up

US= DOWN

NA= close

Japan = down

I'm not pointing out the bold for the sake of it, I'm saying what is the reason PS3 is UP 30k YoY in Americas? GT5 vs Price cut/Slim?

People getting ready for KZ3!

toastboy44562 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
extagénesis said:
Forza Motorsport 3 (X360)
Microsoft
60 180,246 2,376,645
Madden NFL 11 (X360)
Electronic Arts
19 177,564 1,824,102
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
4 172,393

Sorry for you GT5! Forza in his 60th week make's your debut nothing important...

Well it's had more time on the market then GT5. Besides, GT5 murders Forza in EMEAA and Japan. Comparing Forza to this is like comparing Halo to Killzone.

no because forza 3 will get 70% of gt5 sales killzone 2 only gets about 20% of halo sales. nice try tho

I was comparing brand name.

Around the Network
patapon said:
psrock said:
Jay520 said:

what adjusments?

God of War 3, Uncharted 2 and a few other games got cut 200,000

That's warning to you guys who keep celabrating PS3 sales.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Jay520 said:
Seece said:

People getting ready for KZ3!

Yeah that must be it.

psrock said:
patapon said:
psrock said:
Jay520 said:

what adjusments?

I wouldn't say that to Jay, he's not taking it well

Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

To me

Europe = PS3 way up

US= DOWN

NA= close

Japan = down

Some of it can be credited because of the $100 Wal - Mart gift card. That's essentially like a $ 199.99 PS3.

psrock said:
patapon said:
psrock said:
Jay520 said:

what adjusments?

LOL. It's funny because those were the first two games I looked at so I could post how huge they were.