By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony reaffirms PS3 2010 sales projections

Nsanity said:
wholikeswood said:

Bracing for adjustments.

The whole purpose of VGChartz is to track sold not shipped numbers.

what,did you even get what he meant?

he meant adjustments to VGC numbers of sold games

for example last week GT5 and KINECT were adjusted down.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

Channel stuffed or not, all PS3's shipped will eventually be sold.

Nice :). Enough said.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

the overshippzzzz mantra eh? :D have been here for like, an year or so? and have heard that so so many times it's not even funny anymore...well maybe a little funny

Good to know that Sony are still on track.it's all about EMEAA imo...sales of PS2 and even games like GTASA should give people an idea of how strong the PS brand is in those region...

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Ha! I expect major meltdowns when Oct-Dec quarter report comes in.

Some people really stand behind this sites numbers. I mean what is the buffer zone from ship/sold 1m to 1.5m?

Geez some people people can't deal with a third place console's success.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

PSN: GripnRip

Always up to game.

Get your Portable ID!

Around the Network

More channel stuffing excuses?  Ever since the slim was released, we've been hearing that Sony stuffs the channels from some people.

Channel stuffing only works in the short run, not the long run.  With every quarter that the PS3 ships more than expected, you have to somewhere assume they are being sold to consumers.  Retailers have their pull in the deal.

And as someone else said, just because the US is one console's most important region doesn't mean it is for the PS3.  All the smaller developing countries have something to do with PS3's numbers.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Silver-Tiger said:
fighter said:
Wagram said:
psrock said:

They are selling better somewhere not Japan or US i guess.

EMEAA is a huge territory. Honestly Sony hitting the gutter was probably the best thing for them. They are kicking so much ass now. Best 3rd place ever and has an AMAZING category of games on the PS3 now. God the games next year alone could give ya the shakes.

Are you saying 2011 will be the best year of the PS3 ?

Honestly that sounds pretty similar to what was said about 2008/9/10 being the best years of the PS3 (btw when did it, according to you, "hit the gutter" ?).

Are you being ironic or is it really what you think ?

Why should it not be the case?

Maybe if you would take your Anti-Sony behaviour off you would see that every year topped the year before, not only in great games, but also in sales.

Lol, let me rephrase :

"Are you saying 2011 will be the best year of the PS3 ?"

"Honestly that sounds pretty similar to what was said about 2008/9/10 being the best years of the PS3 (btw when did it, according to you, "hit the gutter" ?)."

fighter said:
Silver-Tiger said:
fighter said:
Wagram said:
psrock said:

They are selling better somewhere not Japan or US i guess.

EMEAA is a huge territory. Honestly Sony hitting the gutter was probably the best thing for them. They are kicking so much ass now. Best 3rd place ever and has an AMAZING category of games on the PS3 now. God the games next year alone could give ya the shakes.

Are you saying 2011 will be the best year of the PS3 ?

Honestly that sounds pretty similar to what was said about 2008/9/10 being the best years of the PS3 (btw when did it, according to you, "hit the gutter" ?).

Are you being ironic or is it really what you think ?

Why should it not be the case?

Maybe if you would take your Anti-Sony behaviour off you would see that every year topped the year before, not only in great games, but also in sales.

Lol, let me rephrase :

"Are you saying 2011 will be the *it seems the barred typo doesn't work* year of the PS3 ?"

"Honestly that sounds pretty similar to what was said about 2008/9/10 being the best years of the PS3 (btw when did it, according to you, "hit the gutter" ?)."

How many M's will they need to sell till march then? Seems like a doable target, especially if the shipped numbers are taken into account, so adding 1m on top of the VGC numbers. Don't think they're stuffing the channel, most likely just shipping to countries that VGChartz does not have the ability nor probably the desire to track.. I am looking at you QATAR -.-

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

The point that confuses some people is that all the numbers we get point in a totally different direction than Sonys numbers. Please do not point your fingers at someone who is confused by this. This is not a defense mode, just a simple question.

NPD showed PS3 in a very distant 3rd place and more or less flat for the year.
Media Create showed PS3 in decline. Being down YoY I think due to FFXIII last year.
The UK numbers we get show PS3 in third place.

Now Sony reports shipped numbers and suddenly the PS3 is outselling the Wii by quite a big margin. So I want to know where those PS3s are sold. Somewhere in Africa? not a big enough market. South America where you have to pay $1000 per console? Mexico is more a Xbox360 country.

I think nobody really knows including VGC.

I am not saying overshipped stuff, even though I wouldn't be surprised if Sony calculated things differently. It just puzzles me.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...