By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is your favorite Galaxy in SMG

yoshiboots said:

Many of us have played this game and I just wanted to know what you favorite galaxy is. Mine is the Good Egg Galaxy because of the awsome song, and it just being the first galaxy I played. 

Pretty much all of them have been great, but I would have to say the sweet sweet galaxy. 

Around the Network

I can't choose one, but some of my favorites are:

Good Egg Galaxy
Gusty Garden Galaxy
Toy Time Galaxy
Melty Molten Galaxy
Rolling Green Galaxy

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

beach bowl looks like a toilet. lol

gusty garden is first for me and freezeflame is a not too distant, but distant second.

btw, I didn't think that the toy galaxy that was praised by so many was really better than others... Not that it was bad mind you, but I was really looking forward to play it because I heard so many good things about it, and then it was just like the others.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

albionus said:
Beach Bowl and Sea Slide. I really like the levels with either water floating in air or in the form of/wrapped around a planet since in addition to being cool it's something I haven't seen in a game before.

I loved that too... there was one little planet that was half solid and half water that i loved... also the one on dreadnought which had a water level increase... and the bouy base galaxy where the green star was underneath. @ nintendo_fanboy... Toytime was great for 3 reasons; 1- Things like floating pencils drawing lines of star-bits... or star-bits grouped in spoons/used as cherries on a cake 2- taking apart a massive robot by flying around it unscrewing screws is just brilliance. 3- Luigi's purple coins is platforming heaven. The spring mario annoyed me early on but i got used to him, and prefer him to Boo mario now.

Around the Network

Toy Galaxy, and that galaxy... the one where you do the trash cleaning thing with bombs the second time.

^ dreadnought... i was a tad annoyed they re-used that idea, but then i realised how much more of a challenge it was [took me a while to figure out putting the bombs onto the yellow lights]

I agree with Soriku....the Toy Time Galaxy has some very challenging yet at the same time fun stars.

TWRoO said:
^ dreadnought... i was a tad annoyed they re-used that idea, but then i realised how much more of a challenge it was [took me a while to figure out putting the bombs onto the yellow lights]

Yeah, I wasn't very fond at that one, but it was just for reference as I haven't checked the galaxie's names in english :P

The star I liked the most there was the one with the moving platforms and gravitiy. At first I was like "WTF?! Bastards!" 

The last level. That music is so epic. I mean Zelda epic...