By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Over 1.5m Windows Phone 7s shipped

Iphone 4 sold 1.5 million day one.

HTC evo (android) sold .5 million day one too.

Not sure how these number compare....

Around the Network

not to bad

I don't get it, is it like Android but run by Microsoft instead of Google?

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:

I don't get it, is it like Android but run by Microsoft instead of Google?

It's not like android at all, more like a zune phone. The phones just look like android phones.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Hmmm not so good.. 500 million dollar launch ad campaign, 10 devices in 30 countries and 60 operators.. Microsoft gave 90,000 phones to their employees and dell 25,000... and they talk about shipped not activated.. for comparison:

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

Not sure how these number compare....

Is that a fair comparison?  Can you really compare sales of an established mobile platforms newest and hottest devices to the launch of an unproven one?

If anything, the closest one could get to a fair comparison would be to compare these to iPhone or G1 sales, but that's still not apples to apples as they only launched with one device in a less crowded (but still unproven at the time) market.

To me the more important question is this:  how do people like the phones?  Feedback has been good, so that should bear fruit when they FINALLY get off the crappy networks and come on over to CDMA.  : D

Darth Tigris said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

Not sure how these numbers compare....

Is that a fair comparison?  Can you really compare sales of an established mobile platforms newest and hottest devices to the launch of an unproven one?

If anything, the closest one could get to a fair comparison would be to compare these to iPhone or G1 sales, but that's still not apples to apples as they only launched with one device in a less crowded (but still unproven at the time) market.

To me the more important question is this:  how do people like the phones?  Feedback has been good, so that should bear fruit when they FINALLY get off the crappy networks and come on over to CDMA.  : D

"Not sure how these numbers compare...."

WM7 is a giant leap in the right direction but is it too late? time will tell.

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
Darth Tigris said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

Not sure how these numbers compare....

"Not sure how these numbers compare...."

WM7 is a giant leap in the right direction but is it too late? time will tell.

Well I haven't bought a smartphone yet.  iPhone definitely intrigued me, but as a Verizon guy I'd have to jump ship to inferior (in my area) AT&T so no go.  The Droid REALLY intrigued me but, at the time (and still), I wasn't in a position to afford a smartphone and the data plan.  Plus a friend had one and, after playing around with it, I wasn't as impressed anymore.  But WP7?  It just appealed to me IMMENSELY as a smartphone OS and the more I followed the more I came to see that this was the one that would get me on the smartphone train.  Its not on Verizon yet and I'm not all that impressed with most of the actual hardware out there for it, but I now know its how I want to go.

The reality is there are more of me out there than not.  The smartphone market is still very young and still takes up less than 25% of the cellphone market.  So to say its too late for WP7 is to say it was too late for the Xbox in 2001 or Twitter in the world of social networking.  Its too late for them to shock the world (Apple already did that), but after seeing Android grow so much in just ONE year and knowing how 'comforting' the terms Microsoft and Windows are to many consumers when it comes to purchases, its clear that its not too late to be a player in this market.  How big of a player remains to be seen.

One thing about WP7

All the phones are very fast, I used the HD7 and I was very impressed, then I realise these phones do not multitask which was insane. It does have Netflix but no pandora yet. The Email, Music app is amazing, the social network is also great. It's really a fun phone but feels barebone for now. I do see me using one someday.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I like how the word sold is in their but no one bickering about it...that's how things should be

about the numbers, given the time we are in and marketing it got, these are meh to horrible numbers imho...but let's see if they can get a good foothold in the market in the next year or so

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!