By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam Holiday Sale! Hundreds Of Deals EVERY DAY!

Hephaestos said:
IllegalPaladin said:

1- Horrible default FOV which was tweakable in the .ini file. Thank god because the default FOV might be passable for playing on the PS3/360 on a TV across the room, but it was making me sick trying to play it at the default setting on a computer monitor.

2- Low performance - forcing DX9 did the trick. Instead of 30fps at best, I'm getting 40fps at the very worst. In fact, the smoothness of playing this game now feels weird for some reason. Maybe it's because I've only played it prior on consoles where it's 30fps?

1. field of view? as in how much you see on screen (like a zoom?). I'd be interested in knowing how to modify that ^^. is it just a single line in the .ini ?

2. do you have a good comp? (haven't tried my copy yet :p)

1- Yea, pretty much. The default makes it look like you're zoomed in which makes me sick when I was playing it. Go to My Documents or Documents depending on if you're using XP or Windows 7 (vista?) and look for the BFBC2 folder. In there, find the settings.ini and open it with the text editor. You're looking for the Fov setting which for me was the last one. The default I believe is 55. I might play around with it a little more, but I was a lot more comfortable with the look of setting it to 74. Setting it too high and you get the fish eye effect though.

2- Intel q8400 cpu, 4gigs ram and gtx 470. In the ini file I set 'dxversion' from 'auto' to '9' and on the launch options in Steam for BC2 I put in ' fullproc' which supposedly makes it use all the processors. I also adjusted render ahead to 0 in the ini file, but I don't know if that's supposed to really help anything or not.

I can't exactly adjust resolution because it seems like Windows 7 hates anything lower than a monitor's max resolution. Anything less than 1920x1080 and the image is blurry.

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
Antabus said:

Sure, it might be easy. It would be much easier to install the games where you want, just like you do on better DD-services like GFWL.

sure, but you like using easy geeky twists to make things work, makes you feel technically knowledgable when you help your friends out for their "big" computer problems, so it's not truely a problem for you now is it? =)

anyways we'll all be using GFWL soon as Windows8 will be gaming oriented (or stay on Win7 ^^)

Not in Europe, unless MS wants to get fined hundreds of millions of dollars every year.

2 hours left for the current daily deals to end. Hurry up!

Oh snap, just picked up Mass Effect 2 Deluxe, Darksiders, and Alpha Protocol for <$40.

HUGE Deals Today!!!  AMAZING:

• Darksiders $10 $39.99 (75% Off)
  • Mass Effect $9.99 $19.99 (50% Off)
  • Mass Effect 2 $9.99 $19.99 (50% Off)
  • Dead Rising 2 $19.99 $39.99 (50% Off)
  • Risen $14.99 $29.99 (75% Off)
  • Alpha Protocol $7.50 $29.99 (75% Off)
  • Blur $10 $39.99 (75% Off)
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising $3 $29.99 (85% Off)
  • Patrician IV $7.50 $29.99 (75% Off)
  • Blood Bowl Legendary Edition $19.99 $39.99 (50% Off)
  • Deathspank $7.49 $14.99 (75% Off)
  • Wings of Prey $8 $29.99 (80% Off)
  • All Silent Hunter games (66% Off)

Around the Network

Also, if you own Resident Evil 5 on Steam, you'll get Dead Rising 2 60% Off instead of the 50% discount. That would make it $15.99

Anyone know how good Darksiders is? I'm tempted to get it, but I'm not much into games like God of War.

It seems to have decent reviews, but if you don't like the genre (and I don't myself), I guess it's not worth it even for £5.

shio said:

Anyone know how good Darksiders is? I'm tempted to get it, but I'm not much into games like God of War.

it's 10 freaking GB it better be fking fantastic, wich my countries shitty internet and abysmal data caps it's going to take me weeks to download and I still have to download Shank and a bunch of indie games and that's just on steam and the sales haven't finished yet...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I bought Darksiders, I hope it's good. I almost bought Bloodbowl, but I won't have much time to play it right now, nor Mass Effect 2 which I'm also waiting for an Ultimate edition.

I'm already planning January gaming, I have a few games I want to finish, starting with Prince of Persia 2008 which I just bought. but I don't know what else I'll be buying in this sale...

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!